Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Message and PCI Compliance

Posted 11 days ago

Genesys resources shows it uses filtering to prevent transferring or storing of credit card numbers when using Web Message. Credit card number Luhn algorithm-based filtering - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)  Before we deploy web messaging, we need to know if this is accurate and it does work to mask or prevent the transfer of the credit card number.  Does anyone have experience with this to confirm?  I tested it using the web messaging development tool and it didn't work. It transferred and showed the 16-digit number I entered.    

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Tonya Keith
    Simmons Bank

• 2.  RE: Web Message and PCI Compliance
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Tonya Keith 9 days ago

Hello Tonya,

I love that you are looking into implementing Web Messaging, it's a great feature. I tested in my test environment and the redaction worked. Are you using a random 16 digit number? The reason I ask is because the Luhn Algorithm tests for specific features to validate a number as a credit card number. 

If you're interested, you can read more about the algorithm and what it looks for here. https://www.dcode.fr/luhn-algorithm 
    This site also allows you to create a valid number that will pass the Luhn check. You can then use that number for testing. 

Below, I've included a screenshot showing my test results with the number 4085938056434971.

Garan Weber
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Web Message and PCI Compliance

Posted 9 days ago

I was using a random set of 16 digits.  The website to create a valid number worked perfectly.  Thank you!

Tonya Keith
    Simmons Bank

• 4.  RE: Web Message and PCI Compliance

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

Fantastic! Glad that worked out for you.

Garan Weber
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources