Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Messenger - Ending Chats with clients

Posted 03-24-2023 03:08

Hi Community,

We're currently working on deploying the web messenger for our Website and we've come across an issue with ending a chat with a client.  The Agent would disconnect the interaction, however the client wouldnt know that this has occured, so if they respond with a message, they'll be greeted by the chat bot and go through the greeting/introduction once more.  Kinda frustrating from a clients pov.

I was wondering if there's something that can be implemented in the flow that when a chat is completed that the chat is either greyed out, or there's some text indicating to the client the chat conversation has concluded?  I know some other chat bots can do this.  Genesys' widget web chat does this, but I was wondering if the Messenger could be setup to do the same or what would the best way be to close out a conversation?

Thanks,

Rob

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Robert Niblock]
    APM

• 2.  RE: Web Messenger - Ending Chats with clients

GENESYS
    Posted 03-24-2023 08:35
    Edited by Angelo Cicchitto 03-24-2023 08:35

Hi @Robert Niblock we are about to release a new feature that will solve this: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXWMM-I-26 

Admin users can enable the new feature in Messenger Configuration, so that when conversation is disconnected by Agent or Bot, it will publish a new "system message" to End-User, informing that conversation has ended, while still allowing End-User to type a new message if there is an actual need. At that point the End-User is informed, and that should naturally prevent most of the kindness "thank you" messages from being submitted after disconnect, while still allowing End-User to continue if really necessary (there might be valid reasons to ask one more question, quite natural in async messaging).

Additionally, Admins can further restrict behavior to the extent of blocking new inbound messages entirely, upon conversation disconnect, if that better suits the needs of the business: End-Users at that point would only have online access to prior messages, or eventually start a brand new conversation if ever needed again.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Web Messenger - Ending Chats with clients

Posted 03-26-2023 21:59

Thats fantastic! Thanks for the information on the feature.  I'll keep an eye out in the future Genesys release notes for this and the Ideas link provided above.

Thanks Angelo :)

Robert Niblock]
    APM

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources