Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Survey Email Address Collection

Posted 11-01-2022 04:36
    Edited by Farhan C 11-01-2022 14:21
    Dear Genesys Contributors

My question is really simple but just need to explain it properly. I understand that in order for participants/customers to be invited to Web Surveys for feedback regarding a previous interaction, we have to generate an invite to their email address captured in a read-only variable Survey.CustomerContact.personalEmail. This only works if the contact & associated email address exists in Genesys Cloud External Contacts / Organizations or some kind of integration with a CRM which we don’t have. In our organization (AA) we have random internal customers reach out to us via Webchat that are not part of External Contacts. What if we want to invite a customer for Web Survey regarding a previous Webchat Interaction but the customer does not exist in External Contacts. How would we capture the email address for Survey Invite? My thought was to capture the email address by having the customer enter it in the Webchat form & attach it to the Chat Interaction as participant data but the ‘Get Participant Data’ attribute is not available in Survey Invite Flows so the entered email address in the webchat form by the customer would not be retrievable. How can we attach the Email Address collected from Customer on a Webchat form for a Survey Invite ?  The resource center has no mention of an alternate method of email address capture other than to hard code it which isn’t practical for production.

Thanks,

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Farhan C
    VS Inc.

• 2.  RE: Web Survey Email Address Collection

Posted 11-04-2022 23:33
    You can set the attribute early in the conversation flow and in the Survey Invite, use a data action to the conversation API to pull in that attribute.  Yes, I don't like that Set and Get Attribute are not in these flows.  I created an idea for you:  Allow Set and Get Attribute Tools in | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Web Survey Email Address Collection

Posted 11-21-2022 10:26
    Thanks Robert!

Farhan C
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 4.  RE: Web Survey Email Address Collection

Posted 03-28-2023 11:37

Hi Robert.  I have the same scenario, but for a voice interaction.  My hope was to have the agent enter the email address via a script, and write it into Participant Data.  But as was discovered by others, there is no Get -Participant Data tool in the Survey Flow.  Can you elaborate on how I would use a data action to pull the attribute?

Tom Mullen
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources