Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WebChat Deprecation - Urgent

Posted 17 days ago

Good morning!

I see from the Release Notes this morning that the plan is to Deprecate Web Chat v2.0 tomorrow. I hope this is a typo!!

On 2/22/24, @Antwuan Rencher posted that "Genesys ACD Web Chat v1 will be deprecated on June 30, 2024 per our January 24th, 2024 announcement with v2 expected to be deprecated later in 2024." Since then I haven't seen any additional announcements about this, or anything giving an update on what "later in 2024" actually means. The Release Notes (prior to today) make no mention of it.

Can we assume that the deprecation of V1 has been brought forward, as opposed to it actually being V2 that goes away tomorrow? (June 11 is not "later in 2024" than June 30th!)

We are still working with clients to get them migrated and this one has comes from the outfield!

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 2.  RE: WebChat Deprecation - Urgent
    Best Answer

Posted 17 days ago

My bad, missed the "25" part of the date! Oops!

Sorry to panic everyone.

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources