Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 08-03-2022 01:26

Hi All,

Just wondering if the Genesys Cloud WebRTC Diagnostics (specifically the WebRTC with Audio test) is still giving you results?

We're in the Asia Pacific Sydney (https://apps.mypurecloud.com.au/webrtc-troubleshooter/#/audio) region, and regardless of network or internet connection, the results always:

- Failed to reach Genesys Cloud media services (TURN)
    - Throughput check failed
    - Bandwidth results all 0 with 'NaN' packets sent

The in-app Diagnostics results also show the same results:

Cheers,
    Jeff

#Telephony

------------------------------
    ____

• 2.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 08-03-2022 02:30
    Hi,

I accounted the same situation recently. Did not understand what was happening, but after a lot of checking, I happened to check documentation Run the Genesys Cloud WebRTC Diagnostics app - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com).
    There you can find the following information "Warning: Certain aspects of the WebRTC Diagnostic app are malfunctioning and a replacement app is coming soon. As such, do not use it as a troubleshooting tool for WebRTC issues. The WebRTC Diagnostic app problem is an isolated issue and does not have any impact on normal WebRTC functionality.

If you are encountering a problem with WebRTC, contact Customer Care."

I do not know how long that warning has been there, but would have been nice to have that information through other channels then documentation....

Kimmo Peltonen
    Advania Finland Oy

• 3.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 08-03-2022 02:37
    Thanks Kimmo - that does explain why it's not working.

I was chasing possible network issues that caused these results to fail - only to find the tool is malfunctioning.

As you mentioned, wish that message/warning was actually on the tools and not just the documentation

🤷

Jeffrey

• 4.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

GENESYS
    Posted 08-04-2022 10:24
    Edited by Greg Shultz 08-04-2022 10:26
    Hi Jeff / Kimmo:

As you have discovered, certain aspects of the Genesys Cloud WebRTC Diagnostics app are not working correctly and this is described in the Warning message at the top of the Run the Genesys Cloud WebRTC Diagnostics app article in the Resource Center.

The problem was discovered recently and the Warning was added to the article on 7/19/22.

Since the launching point for the app is from within the article, it was decided that adding the warning to the article would be the most expedient means of notifying customers. That way Development can concentrate on the fix rather than taking time to add a warning to the app itself.

Development is actively working on a replacement, as referenced in this Genesys Cloud Product Ideas Lab post.

Greg Shultz
    Senior Technical Writer
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 08-05-2022 01:57
    Hi Greg,

To my understanding that same WebRTC diagnostics app is embedded in the Genesys client. At least the functionality (and not functioning...) seems to be totally same.
    From there you are missing the warning and that is the place, where I recommend users to make tests. Also when starting projects I give instructions and direct url for the tester, because the documentation is more about analyzing possible issues and that is our responsibility. So that is I feel very strongly that there should have been (or still should be) warning in the app itself.

Kimmo Peltonen
    Advania Finland Oy

• 6.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 08-06-2022 02:24
    Edited by Blair Wilkinson 08-06-2022 02:24
    Missing the diagnostics greatly, touch wood it can be fixed soon please...

Thanks and regards
    Blair Wilkinson
    CVT Global Enablement

• 7.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 08-11-2022 13:59
    I opened a ticket back in June and the Genesys person who caught the ticket eventually learned and then told me that there was a problem with the diagnostic tool and the Dev team was working on it.

I also suggested to our care team that Genesys should let their clients know this diagnostic tool was not working properly - we have to rely on these tools and if they aren't working correctly and throw off false results, we end up wasting time.

And while I am glad the "warning" is on the web page now, I totally agree that it should also appear on the Genesys User page, since we encourage our contact center agents and supervisors to use that.

Linda Greenshields
    New York University

• 8.  RE: WebRTC Diagnostics (WebRTC with Audio) not working properly?

Posted 10-03-2022 13:12

How is this still happening??!!!

The WebRTC Diagnostic pages has been updated already, but it's been months since this started...

Facundo Nowicky
    Interaxa S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources