View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

• 1.  WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2023 12:56

Hey Everyone,

The Genesys Community's Q&A Show is dedicating an episode to WEM May! We want to know: What WEM, WFO, or WFM questions or topics would you like our panel to discuss?

The plan is to record the episode at the end of the month, so you have a few weeks to get questions in. Just reply to this discussion post or send us an email

Want to review our previous content? Check out our YouTube channel, and don't forget the WEM Community's series "Let Me Pick Your Brain".

Cheers,

Matt

#Unsure/Other
    #GenesysCloudCXQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-01-2023 13:53

Glutton for punishment!!!

Will Genesys ever support Shift Bidding and if not, why?
    Will Topics ever be a notification topic?
    Why is Genesys charging for Agent Assist when most companies included as part of their agent billing?
    Will we be able to have real-time sentiment available to agents and/or supervisors?
    When will we see long-term staffing requirements as part of forecasting without a schedule like Decisions had?
    Will Sentiment be a gamification scorecard metric?
    How will Genesys support back-office work in WFM for scheduling those workers?
    Will the HRIS integration allow customers to define their own integration outside of Workday and ADP?  When is phase one being released?
    When will learning modules be able to be directly scheduled into agent schedules through the Learning and Development feature?  The new assignment in Insights is great BTW!
    Will Genesys be working on other Insights Views like for queues, wrap-up, and speech analytics?
    Will there be a day when we can combine Genesys Cloud CX and EX WFM in one system or support for multiple GCx orgs in a single WFM instance?
    Aside from the Transcription Summary, what other Generative AI features is Genesys working on? 
    Will reporting on channel switching ever become a reality so we can see when an agent switches and report on it?

You know me, I could go on for pages, but let some others chime in. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2023 14:08

My man! Thanks as always, Robert!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 4.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2023 11:49

Hi Robert, 

I'm pleased to let you know that we are currently working on the designs for Work Plan bidding. This is a slight flip on the traditional Shift Bidding process where Employees will be able to bid on the Work Plan, the rules to be scheduled by, rather than the static output of a bid schedule.

As we finalise the designs we'll be updating the usual documents and communications.

Paul

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

• 5.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-02-2023 13:20

This is good news.  The way I see shift bidding is this:

You are the owner of a bank that has 4 doors to be staffed by security.  You have 5 guards.  5 of them choose the doors they want and one is not chosen by any of them.  Do you leave that door unmanned, force one to choose it, or cover it yourself?  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2023 14:23

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the awesome questions. I can maybe help with your question regarding HRIS Time-Off Integration. As long as the HRIS has a rest API, clients should be able to integrate. We currently have Bamboo that we have been testing with. :) We are in Phase 2 beta at the moment and several clients are signed up and testing. If all goes well, so far, the tentative GA date is set for June. 

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2023 16:43

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the great questions.  We are prioritizing adding long-term staffing requirements to the Forecast screen sometime in 2024.  We're still in the very early stages so not a lot to share yet but hope to have more information for you in the months to come.

Thanks again for your input. 

Belinda Herrera
    GENESYS TELECOMMUNICATIONS LAB. INC

• 8.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-02-2023 14:24
    Edited by Shelby Cronk 05-02-2023 14:31
    • Do we an anticipate an "overtime pick-up" option; forecast demands more agents than traditionally working that schedule, can offer overtime shifts for agents to pick up?
    • Will there be fully-automated evaluation forms? Ability to add assistances to more than one answer within a question (yes if it includes these topics, no if it doesn't) and auto submission options?
    • Add version numbers automatically to a form name so we can tell when a form changed in our form filter option without having to recreate the form? 
    • Group and Question-level evaluation reporting has been on the roadmap for a while, where are we at with that? Get asked about this constantly and have some QA Teams who opt to stay on their current solution because of our lack of this. 
    • Will we be adding any "select all of the following" options to evaluation questions? currently are all one-possible-answer questions.  Not a great solution for things like "Which 3 items did the agent verify"
    • Is there going to be a solution for "root cause analysis?"  Goes hand and hand with the above bullet, but another item a lot of QA teams are looking for.
    • Are we getting any "free text field" questions? Can we REQUIRE overall evaluation comments? 
    • can you tell us anything about the dispute functionality that is supposed to be coming out? Will this include a notification to evaluator and/or the agent's supervisor once the agent has acknowledged the evaluation and maybe added their own comments? 
    • What solutions do we have to evaluation a certain number of calls per agent per month without it being front-loaded; we may already have a solution for this, curious to know what it is. 
    • Will we be able to auto-assign evaluations by speech & text topic or phrase? email subject lines?
    • Any hopes of separating Evaluation/Calibration policies from other policies or making them permission based so QA Admins don't also have the ability to turn recording on/off? 
    • Can the QA team be notified/alerted in any way if the agent flags a call? (i know we can add a column on the interactions views, but want an alert)
    • What other gamification metrics can we expect this year?  Anything in relation to wrap-up code selection vs. system assigned ININ-Wrapup-Timeout?
    • Really any gamification best practices would be good to hear.
    • Can we export scorecard summaries for agents? 
    • Sentiment feedback, is there anywhere the "out of the box" Sentiment scores are located? How can we tell which phrases the systems assumes positive vs. negative? 
    • Does the system differentiate sentiment scores based on whether the customer or agent says it?
    • Is there a way to have the WFM schedule select only ONE weekend day for the agent to work?
    • How would your recommend accounting for monthly meetings vs. weekly if an org doesn't want to ad hoc schedule?
    • Any chance of getting a "closed dates" option for scheduling where the system can auto-anticipate 0 volume for closed days? Any current solution other than manually zeroing the forecast for holidays? 
    • Any way to have auto-best forecasts run on a schedule/automatically? Same with Schedules? 
    • Can we schedule any WFM Exports like forecasts/schedules/time off? 

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 9.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2023 16:36

This is great. Thanks, Shelby!

I've passed them off to Tracy Vickers, our WEM Community's manager, and we'll start working on getting some answers. 

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 10.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-03-2023 05:40
    Edited by Paul Wood 05-03-2023 05:44

More great comments/requests @Shelby Cronk . While I can't speak to all of them I've tried to answer the Scheduling questions as best as I can.

• Do we anticipate an "overtime pick-up" option; forecast demands more agents than traditionally working that schedule, can offer overtime shifts for agents to pick up?

While it is not an Overtime solution the Alternative Shifts, currently in progress with an end-of-year target release date, will allow employees to pick up shifts where they have not been scheduled for their maximum paid hours for the week. As we evolve and build on this we'll be looking to build out a full Overtime request/management process. Below is the link to the Alternative Shifts idea.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WFMSCH-I-70

• Is there a way to have the WFM schedule select only ONE weekend day for the agent to work?

At the moment no, although we are looking to improve shift fairness, rotation of shift types and monthly constraints. While we work on the future road map and where these features sit within it please take a look at the monthly scheduling idea and add your comments to the conversation at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-90

• How would your recommend accounting for monthly meetings vs. weekly if an org doesn't want to ad hoc schedule?

We are currently building a new Activity Planning tool that will enable you to schedule reoccurring Activities such as:

• One to ones – 1 every 4 weeks
    • Weekly briefing
    • Coaching– 30 mins a week
    • Training – 60 mins every 2 weeks

The Activity Plan will enable you to select:

• The Attendees
    • Individual / Group session
      • Group size
    • Facilitated or Not Facilitated
      • Select who can run the session
    • When the initial sessions should be scheduled
    • How often do they recure going forward

You can follow the progress and join the conversation in the Ideas Lab - https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WFMSCH-I-72

• Any chance of getting a "closed dates" option for scheduling where the system can auto-anticipate 0 volume for closed days? Any current solution other than manually zeroing the forecast for holidays? 
    • Can we schedule any WFM Exports like forecasts/schedules/time off? 

Neither of these is currently being considered/researched. To help us in this process please consider logging your ideas in the Ideas Lab or up-voting and commenting on existing ideas

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

• 11.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-03-2023 06:36

Hi.
    I would really like to see an automated overtime option within the application. The system has some really smart forecasting, yet this is all required to be offered and applied manually.
    I would also love to see more metrics for Gamification available without having to class it as an external metric - the system already holds the data. This applies to evaluations, web surveys, activity codes etc.
    I would also like to see shrinkage applied at the schedule level rather than at MU level.  Continuous shrinkage sounds great, but clients want to be able to apply different levels of shrinkage at different times in the lead up to the live date, and have a requirement to be able to adjust this more easily.

Lots of other interesting points already raised here too, but these are the questions our clients are asking (this and the HRIS feature).
    Thanks
    Heather 

Heather Henderson
    Sabio Ltd

• 12.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-03-2023 12:13

Hi Matt,

I would like to cover WFM Scheduling questions. As businesses have begun returning from WFH, now we are trying to meet a more flexible schedules where agents partially work from home and have select days off. We have schedules where we are open 6 days week, but agents work 5 days and are off 1 day a week and it rotates monthly. It's difficult to plan due to scheduling is a week process. We had to create a excel spreadsheet to work with large amounts of workplans to meet the business demand. Also, trying to schedule one on one sessions when they are in the office has been a challenge.

Thanks,

Victor Garcia
    Herbalife - Contact Center Support - Reporting and WFM

Victor Garcia
    Herbalife International of America, Inc.

• 13.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2023 12:03

This is great, Victor! Thanks for the suggestion. As questions popup for you, I would always encourage you to post in the WEM Community. I know Tracy Vickers and other members would love to share their thoughts. 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 14.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2023 15:44

Hey Victor,

I've made a note of your question but as Matt said come join us in the WEM Community, post your questions and ideas for all things Workforce Engagement Management!

Tracy
    Genesys

• 15.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-03-2023 13:02

Hi Matt, I opened idea  https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WFMSCH-I-32 May of 2022 at the request of Customer Care. It was moved to "Feature Already Exist" in March 2023; however, it does not exist and confirmed by myself and other users. However, it has not been moved back to any of the open statuses. How do we get that feature back under review?

Brad Goff
    Palo Alto Networks, Inc.

• 16.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-05-2023 11:16

Demo/Updates about the real time alerting coming to WEM would be AWESOME! 

Chris S
    Principal Genesys Cloud Engineer at Humana

• 17.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2023 12:01

Thanks, Chris! I feel like we can make sure this one happens as it is released, but I'll take a note. 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 18.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-13-2023 19:16

Nice timing for me spotting this thread.  What comes up quite often are the challenges migrating from Engage WFM to Cloud WFM.  Currently we're trying to help a customer with reporting.  In Engage there's a number of reports available that there doesn't seem to be anything close to the equivalent in Cloud views/reports.  Some of that is simply because the functionality doesn't exist - eg calendar events etc.

It would be good if this session could cover that gap analysis between the two and maybe a condensed cover of what the Genesys WEM have learned through trial, error and customer experience of some best practice or tips for doing the migration over to Cloud WFM.

Vaun McCarthy

• 19.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-15-2023 08:03

Thanks, Vaun! 

The WEM Team and I are meeting this Friday to discuss the proposed topics and pick what we want for the show. If anyone else has any questions, please try to get them in by Thursday (5/18). 

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 20.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

Posted 05-16-2023 10:06

My question/suggestioin is pretty basic and maybe there is a workaround for this, when would you re-publish a schedule?   If you do, it removes all of the exceptions loaded, and they have to be re-enter.   Yet if there are alot of excptions, a major change, an issue affecting a large group of people, you would want to re-publish, correct?

Judy Jimenez, Call Center Operations Manager
    CURE Auto Insurance

• 21.  RE: WEM Questions for the Q&A Show?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-26-2023 14:28
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 05-26-2023 14:30

Hey Matt! 
    We had such a great response for questions regarding the new episode of The Q&A Show (over 40!!!) And while we couldn't answer all of them, we did get some great answers to a few of them with a panel of WEM experts starting at minute-mark 23:58. Not only that, we have a few great demos showcasing some cool, new WEM features such as Evaluation Assistance and Supervisor Insightsand we're hosting a new WEM-themed Trivia Tower event coming up next week from Wednesday, May 31st to Friday, June 2nd! So come and play and you could be our next big winner! 

Watch this brand new Q&A episode chock-full of info below! 

Enjoy!

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources