Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WFM / Forecasting against some planning groups, not all

Posted 03-30-2023 03:47
    Edited by Stephen Poncia 03-30-2023 04:05

Hi All,

I hope you're well.

I have  question regarding generating forecasts - we use a lot of planning groups, roughly 70% are against email queues which we do not want to forecast against. The other 30% are voice and chat queues which we do want to forecast against for live contact. When generating a forecast for 4 weeks, it allows us to select and de-select the planning groups we want to use, however Genesys Cloud doesn't use those selected planning groups only, when saving the forecast - not that I can see anyway. When generating a schedule against this forecast, again it uses all planning groups, which makes our scheduled around 8 agents and the forecasted contact around 80+. 

Does anyone know of a way, other than filtering and selecting planning groups, to generate forecasts specifically against some planning groups and not others? Or is generating against all of them and filtering the only way?

I look forward to your responses. Many thanks.

#PlatformAdministration
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Stephen Poncia
    Nominet UK

• 2.  RE: WFM / Forecasting against some planning groups, not all

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2023 07:56
    Edited by Jay Langsford 03-31-2023 08:11

Changing planning groups does not adjust forecasts or schedules or impact intraday monitoring for existing forecast and scheduled periods. If you make a change to a planning group, you must create a new forecast and a new schedule to pick up on the changes.

Regarding the "When generating a forecast for 4 weeks, it allows us to select and de-select the planning groups we want to use..." part, I am not sure what you mean here. No where during forecast generation do we present the ability to exclude planning groups. If you are referring to the ability to select/deselect planning groups when viewing a forecast, then that doesn't alter the forecast. It is simply an active browsing / faceted navigation approach similar in many eCommerce sites (Amazon, Kayak, etc.) that allows you to control which planning groups you see.

On WFM best practices, I would say excluding/hiding relevant load/work done by agents is not something that would be recommended. For the email queue you want excluded, what are your service goals configured for those planning groups? And does it match reality (e.g., if it is 100% in 48h are you actually attaining)? For 'maximum occupancy % for deferred work' setting at the Management Unit level, what is the current value? Having significantly lower value than the 95% default can raise staffing requirements for scenarios were you have deferred work.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: WFM / Forecasting against some planning groups, not all

Posted 03-31-2023 08:12

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the response.

I may not have been very clear with what I was asking.

We use a lot of planning groups, most of them are email. As emails are sporadic and can come at any time in any amount, we choose not to forecast against this and rather manage it via SLA. 

When creating a forecast, we open the planning groups section and by default, all are selected. We will then select the 6 out of 36 that we want to forecast against, which gives us our live contact. When creating the schedule from this forecast, even though we have only selected 6 out of 36 planning groups at forecast creation, Genesys still uses all planning groups.

This isn't too much of a problem as we can filter the schedules planning groups to the ones we want, to give us the correct difference for the for day with live contact. I was just wondering if there was a way to use only the selected 6 planning groups, not all when generating the forecast, to use for the schedule. Hopefully that has cleared up the post a bit better. Many thanks.

Stephen Poncia
    Nominet UK

• 4.  RE: WFM / Forecasting against some planning groups, not all

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2023 08:41

Selecting/deselecting planning groups in a forecast does not modify the forecast. It just modifies your view of the forecast data. If you do not want a planning group to be forecast, then it should not be a planning group that is configured for the business unit (i.e., it won't even show up as a selectable/deselectable planning group in the forecast).

Consultants in the forum can comment further, but sporadic deferred work with reasonable and attainable configured service goals (e.g., 100% in five days) should be forecast and staffed for. Hiding either load or resources from WFM is bad practice.

If this is really because you do not want to see higher staffing requirements (which are a reflection of forecast load, resources, and your service goal desires), then I would recommend reading a resource article I wrote: https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/why-are-staffing-requirements-higher-or-lower-than-expected/

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 5.  RE: WFM / Forecasting against some planning groups, not all

Posted 03-31-2023 13:50

Hi Stephen,

We have had to do this in our organization and the method used is thus; Generate a forecast with all planning groups and deselect the planning groups you don't want to schedules against. Then "export filtered forecast". Once exported you can create a new forecast by importing the exported filtered forecast. You can then use this forecast when generating your schedule.

Regards

Paul Soulodre
    Alberta Motor Association

• 6.  RE: WFM / Forecasting against some planning groups, not all

Posted 04-03-2023 03:41

Hi Paul,

That's really helpful, thank you. I will take a look at using this method for May's schedule. Many thanks!

Stephen Poncia
    Nominet UK

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources