PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  What is the best fit?

Posted 06-08-2022 09:14
    Edited by Alex Belec 06-08-2022 09:16
    With the EOL announced, what is the best fit for a replacement? Is it Genesys Cloud or something else? Our users and administrators LOVED this system so we are trying to come as close as possible. Along with that, we are a big proponent of on-premise for several reasons. Is there a brand anyone sees committed to providing long term on-premise?
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)

------------------------------
    Alex

• 2.  RE: What is the best fit?

Posted 06-08-2022 11:56

Hi Alex,

We are exploring our options. Genesys Cloud isn't currently Fedramp so it is not an option for us currently. I do know they are going through the fedramp process, but that can takes some time to complete. Even if it does get fedramp its not a for sure jump for us, as Genesys hasn't been the most business friendly to PureConnect Customers and has left a bad taste in our mouths.

For Cloud based telephony system we are looking into NICE. They are fedramp and look to be a all in one solution, but have not seen a demo yet so can't say for sure. We will be getting a demo of their system in the next few months. Personally i want to stay with an On Prem or hybrid solution as the recent AWS issues that has brought down companies Telephony system, has highlighted some issues with a pure Cloud Based Telephone system. 

The On-Premise selection has defiantly shrank in the last 5 years and while i have really haven't been watching the market on other systems I think Cisco, Avaya, Mitel and NEC are still strong in the On-Prem solution. Though they do not provide everything PureConnect did, so you will need to have a few different venders to get everything we had with it.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: What is the best fit?

Posted 06-08-2022 15:55
    Thanks for the input Scott. Yeah I just did this 6 years ago with the phone replacement but I guess here we go again! Definitely less on-prem options popping up.

Alex

• 4.  RE: What is the best fit?

Posted 09-14-2022 14:53
    Hey Scott - 

I remember you saying you were looking at NICE. Anything impressive come of that or did it seem to compare to Pureconnect as far as flexibility?

Alex

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources