Genesys Casual

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

• 1.  What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2022 11:49
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 12-13-2022 11:30
    Dashing through the snow, jingle bell rockin', and roasting chestnuts. We all have those merry memories of cozying around a fire, going door-to-door to sing carols, and building gingerbread houses. We'd love to hear your family's jolly ways!

I'll go first:

My mom loved to do a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning for us kids to go and find the gifts. She'd usually write these cute, rhyming clues and we all had a blast playing! There would always be this one super obscure clue that my mom thought was really obvious, and she'd finally have to tell us where the gift was located. Then, after presents were handed out to all, everyone would come over and we'd eat a big meal. And also this…

Now your turn. Tell us about that family tradition you do with your family and earn three extra bonus points on the "Festive Figures" trivia!Get in there and play to win a great prize from the Prize Wall, just in time for the holidays! 

#CoffeeTalk
    #Events
    #General

------------------------------
    Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2022 21:22
    One of our favorite family traditions is driving around to look at Christmas lights and decorations about a week before Christmas. The experience wouldn't be complete without hot chocolate too!

Kathryn Hellmann
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-07-2022 23:19
    I am with Kathryn.  Our family loves to pull out the lights the Friday after Thanksgiving and have the up and running with a Christmas sequencer that plays music and flashes lights to the toons.  Even my college-age sons love to join in the merriment of decking the house!

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-08-2022 08:13
    We celebrate our holidays seasons with family get toghether with yummy meals, sweets with our loved ones.

Kathiravan Srinivasan
    Hewlett-Packard Enterprise India Pvt Ltd

• 5.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-08-2022 08:13

My family members are dispersed through out the country & some even outside. So, few years ago we made it a tradition for everyone to visit paternal home and be together around the New Year, every year. We've been religiously following that for quite some time now and it feels great to see our beloved one's at-least once a year, get together and celebrate.

This is how a standard Indian family reunion looks like.

Ashiesh Sharma
    BT plc

• 6.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-08-2022 09:59
    My family has a tradition of all watching Christmas Vacation every Christmas Eve!

Mackenzie Becker
    Athene

• 7.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-08-2022 16:22
    My Christmas tradition is watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Scrooge" (1970 Albert Finney, musical version). I sing along to the songs in Scrooge while I wrap presents or while I am baking cookies to hand out to my lovely neighbors as gifts. :)

Janelle Lopez
    The Chamberlain Group, Inc.

• 8.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-09-2022 13:19
    My favorite family tradition is staying home! We used to travel Xmas Eve & Xmas Day, but no more. Instead, we stay home all day in our festive pjs, make muffins and open gifts, and spent the day watching holiday movies, playing with new toys, and grazing on snack foods. The kids may sled on the lawn if there's snow on the ground. It is glorious.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 9.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-09-2022 13:44
    My favorite holiday tradition was being a kid and seeing a movie every Christmas eve. To be fair, I don't think we ever saw a good movie, because they were typically sold out, but it was still a lot of fun. Does anyone remember Mouse Trap with Nathan Lane? That may have been the "best" movie that we saw.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 10.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Posted 12-09-2022 18:16
    When the kids were little, we did the drive around looking at light's thing. Since we had 2 cars, we developed a honking system for no effort, it's OK or awesome. These days it's all about watching Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story, careful or you'll shoot your eye out!

Greg Hanson
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 11.  RE: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-15-2022 10:53
    @Greg Hanson - I did the same thing around seeing the Christmas lights growing up, and have now passed the tradition on with my 3 year old daughter. It is always the same; Happy Meal and Christmas Lights, which is how I did it when I was little with my parents.​

Nathan Wollack
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources