Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

What variable do you use for the agent's name who a web message has been routed to?

• 1.  What variable do you use for the agent's name who a web message has been routed to?

Posted 2 days ago

I'm trying to configure a greeting message in my web messaging in queue flow that includes the agents' name, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to go out about this? Any insights are helpful!

Thanks so much.

Erin

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Erin Nicholson
    Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited

• 2.  RE: What variable do you use for the agent's name who a web message has been routed to?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10 hours ago

When the message is in an in-queue flow it doesn't know the name of the agent it will be going to generally (Unless you're using preferred agent routing and can define that pre that message) 

I do have a plugin that does the automatic greeting to a customer once connected to an agent, which sends a custom message upon connection eg. Welcome to BUSINESS, you're speaking with Lawrence. How can I help?

This solved the quiet parking/instant engagement piece - is that the purpose?

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources