Genesys Casual

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

• 1.  What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 2 days ago

The new "World Festivals" Trivia Tower is now live and for the three-point bonus question we wanted to ask you this: 

"What's the best souvenir you've ever picked up or gifted from your travels and why?"  

THESE THREE POINTS MATTER! The last two Trivia Tower winners were determined by who did and did not answer this bonus question, so don't give up now! Give us your response in the comments below.

I'll start with my answer to this question. Every time my family travels, we pick up the ugliest/tackiest magnet we can find to pop on the fridge to remind us of where we've been. So my favorite magnet that I've found is this really cheesy magnet from Wisconsin (of all places) that I got from a roadside cheese attraction called "Mars Cheese Castle." The reason I love this magnet is because it shows a castle, and then has the planet Saturn in the corner (with its rings) even though it's MARS Cheese Castle. I asked the salesperson why they didn't just put Mars on there instead, and she said the owner thought that people wouldn't know that the circle was a planet. Talk about not understanding your audience's intelligence. Anyhow, I HAD to have it and so many people look at it and say, "That's Saturn, not Mars..." and I chuckle every time. 

Now I'd love for you to share your answer to this question with me and good luck playing in the World Festivals Trivia Tower. I can't wait to announce the winner next week!  

#Events
    #General

------------------------------
    Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Amy Sessions 2 days ago

My parents went to Disney World when it opened and the best souvenir that they ever got was ME! I gave them the gift of being my parents.

Inside Out : Another Best Movie about Life Education from PIXAR! – Tik tak  tok

Amy Sessions
    City of Clearwater - Cutomer Service Manager

• 3.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

Haha! That's an excellent answer! I'm surprised they didn't name you "Minnie," lol.

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 2 days ago

It was seriously kicked around. I can thank my grandparents that it's not... lol.

Amy Sessions
    City of Clearwater - Cutomer Service Manager

• 5.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 2 days ago

In Montreal, I bought my kids a children's book called "Caillou and the Dragon".  Caillou is a children's show in Canada and is or at lease was also shown in the US.  I believe the show is originally in French.  Anyway, the book was all in French, so I didn't know exactly what it was about because I don't speak French.  When I got home and my husband read it to the kids (he does speak French) it turns out it was about Caillou's parents explaining to him why he couldn't marry his Mother.  

Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 6.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

Bahahaha! So weird...LOL

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 2 days ago

I had a sizable collection of trinkets and trash over the years, but one I still use is the water bottle I got from Genesys at an Xperience event before Covid.  It fits in all my bags, keeps things cool, and is not too large to be obtrusive on the table.  Even the few drops I have had with it have not depleted from its usefulness.  Here is a picture of a newer version of it:

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 8.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 17 hours ago

Love this water bottle. I got it through some GCAP points.

Seean Weaver
    MAPFRE USA - Telecom Analyst

• 9.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 2 days ago

From my trip to Holland, I visited a windmill and took home the ground pigment, made by the windmill, used in paint to make my own paints!

Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance Inc.

• 10.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

Now that's cool. I love that! What color is the pigment? 

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 2 days ago

Nicole, I went to college in Kenosha and grew up in the neighboring city! lol

Anywho, one of the most memorable souvenirs I gifted was for my brother about 20 years ago. He was a 20 year old bachelor at the time and was constantly losing his keys (which is mildly amusing since he is a now a master automotive technician and shop foreman). I spent three months in Mexico, and at the market one day I found the perfect gift: it was a key hanger that you hang on the wall by the door with this written across the top (in Spanish): 'here are my f****** keys'. All these years later and he still has it hanging in his house.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 12.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

Emily, I knew you'd know what I was talking about! I love that key hanger, that is hilarious and yes, how ironic your bro is now an autoshop guy, haha.

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 2 days ago

I took my first flight when I was 10.   Without dating myself, this was back when children would be taken into the cockpit before the flight and could sit in the pilot seat and pretend to fly.  If you were really good, you might also get to sit in the cockpit during the flight, which of course I Did !! 

I remember it so vividly, everything seemed so huge and the ground so small

The pilot gave me a set of Pilot wings that I still have to this day 

Fast forward about 30 years and my husband decides to get his pilot's license.  So of course I had to gift those wings to him when we completed that last solo Flight :) 

The wings still hang on my bedroom mirror, but now on Hubby's side! 

Christine Serapiglia

• 14.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

I have a few. A friend brought me a tiny painted wooden elephant from Thailand that I've had for years. Another friend brought me a Harry Potter spinning house pin from Harry Potter world. But honestly, my favorite souvenirs are the stones that I pick up from my travels. I started it when I was in middle school and have collected quite a large collection from all over the world.

Natalie Nobles
    Genesys - Employees
    Product Designer

• 15.  RE: What's the Best Souvenir You've Ever Received or Gifted?

Posted 19 hours ago

Growing up I collected lots of things from places we visited. Everything from T-shirts, shot glasses, and stuffed animals. To avoid the house becoming overrun with things, we've narrowed our souvenirs to Christmas ornaments from new places. When we get them home, we'll use a paint pen or sharpie to add the year we visited.  It's fun to decorate the tree each year and remember the trips we've been on. 

Stacey Sanchez
    PACU- Workforce Operations MGR

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources