Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  whatsapp digital bot flow - message sender not to see the initial greeting again if he second time send message.

Posted 13 days ago

Inbound message flow - filter a chat contact message to go again in repeat chatbot path route but divert to ACD queue directly.

I have a digital chatbot flow for whatsapp.

If a whatsapp message sender already had conversation before with a Agent earlier, then how I avoid that message sender go again in same message chatbot greeting. I want that next time customer go directly to next available route in architect (i.e. queue).

I tried in Architect tool bar there is a get external contact ID or search external conctact or using a message variable like conversationID but looks not working for me.

Appreciate any help. I am newbe here.

Thanks

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Mahesh Jain
    2c2s

• 2.  RE: whatsapp digital bot flow - message sender not to see the initial greeting again if he second time send message.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 13 days ago

Inbound Message flow has a boolean for checking if it is a new message or not

Message.IsNewConversation will be true if it is new, false if it is an existing conversation. - This only works if it is part of the same thread, so assuming that is the case, you could do something like:

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: whatsapp digital bot flow - message sender not to see the initial greeting again if he second time send message.

Posted 13 days ago

Thank you Anton,

I really appreciate your response.

I actually need that even if the sender is not in same thread and try to send message again even after few days, it should not go into greeting again because I had set in chatbot (How did you know about us?) which I don't want to ask repeatedly to the same client. Is there something I can use sender number instead of Message.IsNewConversation.

There is ContactID but I didn't know how to use in Architect

Thanks.

Mahesh Jain
    2c2s

• 4.  RE: whatsapp digital bot flow - message sender not to see the initial greeting again if he second time send message.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 12 days ago

You might be able to do it with external contact, but you could also use the analytics apis, we do this for callbacks all the time, we check if the customer has an existing callback as we don't want to offer again and again.

For that we a data action that uses POST /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query

In that api you could filter by interval so within the last 2 days, 2 weeks etc

And in your case filter by the external contact id, or some other identifier for the customer.

And if you get results, then the customer contacted you in that interval.

To get the external contact ID you can use 

the API GET /api/v2/externalcontacts/contacts to search for a contact based on a data item you capture in the external contact, like the customer number, which you can use to get the external contact id, architect has limitation on what can be searched for in the action, if what is in the action works for you that is the easier option.

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources