Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-26-2023 06:04

Hi Everyone,

I have got a Digital Messaging Server (DMS) with Genesys Hub configured for WhatsApp and the interactions are transferred to agent. Now I need to add Welcome greeting with language selection and menu services in WhatsApp before it gets transferred to Agent.

I am trying to figure on how do we build a flow for WhatsApp so that customers can choose the menu services before they get transferred to an agent with whatsappsession channel ready in WDE.

I have gone through all the documents available and there is no clarity in it which explains the process to be followed. There are bits and pieces of information in Genesys Intelligent Automation WebIVR, bot gateway server etc. However, the requirement to show a welcome message with a language selection following which a set of menus and submenus to be selected before the interaction gets connected with an agent seems to be simple and straight. We are also exploring if we can build such a simple flow using Composer workflow for whatsapp. Or is Composer limited to voice interactions only. There are multiple questions going around.

If any of you can throw some insights into this to discuss as a community would be good.

#GenesysEngagePremDev

------------------------------
    Rashid Yusuf
    Fourth Dimension Systems Company

• 2.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-27-2023 07:58
    Hi Rashid,

My understanding is that menus for non voice interactions are only achieved via Genesys Intelligent Automation (GIA), using DMS to connect Interaction Server to it. The menus in GIA will provide a way to ask questions like an IVR and, with some configuration, make suggested answers available via selectable buttons. We use this for chat currently. 

Daniel

• 3.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-27-2023 09:08

Hi Daniel,

When it comes to Whatsapp, theoretically it should work as a chat session. But when using GIA application with DMS, are you talking about the BGS fish-cbp.jar? 

When building an application in GIA, we choose the Visual Persona in the WebIVR application flow, the DTMF options does not appear. So this brings the ambiguity as to whether this is a right approach or not. Because when choosing Voice Persona, the DTMF menu options appear and we can set values to it. The GIA docs say that the WebIVR application is used in web applications or mobile applications. It doesn't explicitly mention about Whatsapp, so its always the guess time when reading Genesys Docs. 

Do let me know on your thoughts.

Best Regards

Rashid

Rashid Yusuf

• 4.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-27-2023 09:14

Hi Rashid,

Maybe you can have a BotGateway Server with a custom driver written in Java to achieve it. The driver will keep your session active to collect the inputs from the customer then you can send the menu contents by fetching them from standard responses.

• 5.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-28-2023 02:19

Hi Mostafa,

We are thinking this approach also to develop some custom driver for BGS. However, as of now trying out some out of the box options.

Best Regards

Rashid

Rashid Yusuf

• 6.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-27-2023 17:51
    Hi Rashid,

It sounds like you need to enable Chat in the persona you are using. WebIVR would not be the solution for your use case. WebIVR is envoked by a browser directly communicating with GIAs messaging server. Since you are using WhatsApp, my understanding is that this channel uses Chat Server, Interaction Server, and DMS to communicate with GIA in the same manner that a Chat does. Hence, GIA will treat this interaction as if it were a chat session. You need to enable the Chat channel so that you can choose that as the media type in your GIA applications. 

Regards,
    Daniel

• 7.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-28-2023 02:21

Hi Daniel,

I tried the chat persona and tried it out using a chat widget. Atleast the initial message appears. But in a chat persona, i don't find a way to setup menu options or buttons which can be either selected or typed by the customer. 

Best Regards

Rashid

Rashid Yusuf

• 8.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-28-2023 06:57
    Rashid,

To see these features, you have to enable Rich Media as described in the following link:

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/GAAP/latest/iaHelp/RichMedia

Regards,

Daniel Hilaire

Exec Director, Contact Center Product, Engineering, & Delivery

Kaplan North America

Office: 954-515-3181 | Mobile: 561-289-1093 

• 9.  RE: Whatsapp Digital Flow development

Posted 08-31-2023 08:05

Hi Daniel,

Yes i did go through this document and the options provided. I was able to set the menu options as buttons. However, i am still figuring out how to set the options to detect a text/DTMF. Instead of buttons, the customer should be able to write '1' or '2' for the particular option.

Best Regards

Rashid

Rashid Yusuf

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources