Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Where Do I Find the history-log Records in the Database?

Posted 07-12-2022 13:44

In confserv, we have this in our history-log Options section:

active = true
    client-expiration = 1
    expiration = 30
    max-records = 1000
    write-former-value = true
    audit-expiration = 45
    audit-max-records = 50000

When looking at table (cfg_hdb_object) we never see more than the 1000 rows...which I am assuming is due to the max-records setting. Where/How can we find the 50000 records allowed by audit-max-records?

Thanks.

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Eric Muldoon
    J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Where Do I Find the history-log Records in the Database?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-14-2022 01:41
    Hello Eric,

The audit-max-records = 50000 should be the one that keeps 50000 entries in cfg_hdb_object. The max-records = 1000 is the maximum number of records that config server or proxy can sent to a client when the client tries to restore a severed connection.

If you see less than 1000 records when you run "select * from cfg_hdb_object" then I think audit-expiration = 45 could be one deleting the older records every 45 days. The default value is 365 so only records older than 365 days are deleted. In your case, the records older than 45 days will be deleted. From Config server 8.5.101.92, the history audit logs are purged (older than audit-expiration) every one hour compared to the previous model where audit logs are purged whenever there is a change request.
    Maybe there aren't more than 1000 changes in the last 45 days in this configDB.

Vinod Balan
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Where Do I Find the history-log Records in the Database?

Posted 07-21-2022 10:12

Thanks, Vinod.

I was subsequently informed that our version 8.5.101.19 does not actually use the new options (audit-max-records & audit-expiration). We would need to upgrade to at least 8.5.101.24.

Thanks

Eric Muldoon
    J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources