Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

Posted 02-01-2023 12:23
    Hello - 

We recently made a permissions change to remove the agent from this permission: wfm:publishedSchedule:view

We did this to prevent agents from seeing detailed information regarding other agent's schedules and activities. 

Apparently, our agents were also using that view to check their historical adherence. 

Where else should we direct them to see their own historical adherence performance?

Thank you!
    #Genesys Cloud CX
    #Workforce Engagement Management
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2023 06:41
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:11

Hi Shannon, 

we don't expose adherence reports to the individual as we see adherence as more of a management and planning tool.

While we may need this metric as part of our staffing, capacity planning and sometimes root cause analysis models an agents' focus should be on delivering the best service for the current interaction and switching to their scheduled activity on time. 
    This has also been backed up by user research and feedback where agents want to reduce the number of "nags" and "messages" around adherence that can interrupt the flow of their interaction, cause further delays, and stress in some environments.

If Adherence has traditionally been an agent target/performance measure, we'd recommend using the Gamification Metrc "Punctuality". Punctuality rewards agents for being on time for an activity change, so making themselves available as scheduled, going to break as soon as possible to the expected time, switching to back office work...
    This still encourages the good behaviour of adhering to the schedule but relieves some of the handle time pressures that adherence can sometimes focus on.

There is more of a conversation and explanation around this in the Ideas lab on Idea WEM-I-325.

Paul

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

• 3.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

Posted 02-02-2023 09:12
    Thank you for the reply Paul. I will check out what you've mentioned.

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2023 15:17
    Shannon, 

You may have already found this, but in case you haven't here is a direct link that should help you with getting started with permissions and activating profiles etc.  

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-gamification/

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

• 5.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

Posted 02-02-2023 15:31
    Thanks Chuck!

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

Posted 02-05-2023 17:24
    HI Shannon,
    it is of course also possible to report on Agent adherence using Genesys Cloud APIs. It may indeed be quite useful to give agents full visibility of their adherence history so that they can self adjust and share the same visibility as their managers. It's often more about seeing a trend rather than a single occurrence of adherence status. 
    As an example, in our Mobile Application (WEM Optimizer on AppFoundry) we display for each agent their adherence history as well as exception history with respective impact as depicted by the below screenshots. Managers can track real time as well as historical adherence activity for their agents.
    Agent punctuality score card may also be useful as mentioned by Paul but thresholds need to be configured properly (from what I have seen agents don't get full points if they start too early so they get "punished" instead of being "rewarded" for starting their shift earlier) and it's in my view less pertinent compared to the adherence metric where you can see the impact associated with the adherence state. Genesys also provides both Adherence and Conformance metrics.
    Agent Adherence History
    Agent Adherence History
    Agent Punctuality Score Card

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 7.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

Posted 02-06-2023 08:56
    Hi Paul, 

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but shouldn't we as the customer be the ones to decide if a metric is a management tool or should be visible to an agent?  I understand your stance on where the agents focus should be and I don't disagree, but it is still a metric that our agents have looked at and managed themselves to for years and they are always asking when it will be available.  I don't understand why Genesys would go through the process of creating a new metric as opposed to just making an existing one available.  It just seems like a waste of Genesys resources that could have been better used fixing things that customers really want/need.  

Additionally, we found there are some gaps when we tried to use the Punctuality measure (probably having to do with the way we schedule).  I'd have to go back through our testing to see exactly what the issues were, but I know that we had to add a short off-queue shift activity to the start of everyone shifts as the system wasn't always capturing when people logged in depending on what they were doing at the start of their shift (on queue activity vs. off queue activity).  

Thanks!

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2023 09:12
    Thanks for the feedback Jason. 

Nothing has been removed, you can grant your employees permissions to see adherence either directly through the same permissions that Shannon mentioned however it also comes with additional functionality (seeing the full schedule - including potentially 'private' items like Coaching, Sick or other sensitive Exceptions/Time Off or through Historical Adherence Overview

The punctuality metric is adherence for intraday achievement - the intent here is if you meet each change of status from a punctual perspective you will also be adherent. A well designed punctuality metric would equate to a staff member also being adherent for the whole day. Punctuality was brought into the platform because of the a) need to measure this for performance management / gamification b) Intraday Adherence is a hard measure because its relevant to the time spent working v's their schedule. 

From a gamification perspective, adherence would only be able to be reflected at the end of the day once the day is completed, the scorecard design works intraday - we have received feedback that the daily adherence number is also required and do have plans to add this to the set of metrics for adherence. 

To give the same functionality that Shannon requested above, without giving the schedule view permission that answer would be punctuality within Gamification. 

Hope that gives you some more info.

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

• 9.  RE: Where do your agents view their historical adherence?

Posted 02-06-2023 10:17
    Thanks for the explanation Cameron. 

I do think Genesys should look into a way to show the agents historical adherence without seeing the full schedule.  

As for punctuality vs. Adherence, I'm not sure why adherence can't be measured via intraday.  There is a Real-Time adherence view in Genesys already, so why couldn't that just have been added to the gamification instead of building the new measure? 

Thanks!

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources