Trivia Tower

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2023 11:01
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 07-19-2023 09:46

The data is in!

We have the winners of week two's Trivia Tower contest and it was an outcome even artificial intelligence couldn't have predicted! But before I reveal the sentient brainiacs, I have to inform you of all the other contests and ways to win in the community! 

First up: FIFA Women's World Cup Bracket Challenge. This event only happens every four years, so don't wait that long before a chance to win again! You have until Wednesday, July 19th to get those brackets in. 

Next: Trivia Tower Week 3's theme has been voted on in the polls and a clear winner has been revealed: "Summer Foods & Picnics" by @Nicole Dehn . Nikki, since your theme was selected by the community, you win an item from the Prize Wall, congratulations and thank you for the suggestion! This contest starts Wednesday, July 19-23rd. This will be a timed form again, so keep your eyes on the Trivia Tower community and click the banner to play. 

Finally, I want to reveal the answers for the "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower event below. There were some real head scratchers in this one: 

1. "The world's most advanced robot" named Ameca can speak all BUT the following languages? Answer: Spanish. (She does however speak English, Japanese, German, Chinese and French).
    2. What is an AI agent? Answer: An autonomous program that makes decisions & takes actions to achieve goals. 
    3. In the original "The Terminator" (1984) the cyborg's model number was what? Answer: T-800.
    4. The AI movie, "Ex Machina" is a modern retelling of what Shakespearian play? Answer: The Tempest. 
    5. The first ever robot was developed in what year? Answer: 400 B.C. (It was a steam-powered pigeon created by Archytas in Ancient Greece.)
    6. What is value alignment? Answer: The challenge of aligning AI with human values.
    7. What was the name of the first, original chatbot created in 1966? Answer: ELIZA.
    8. The film "Blade Runner" is an adaptation of which sci-fi novel? Answer: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick (1968)
    9. Which CEO said that AI would be "more transformative to humanity than electricity or fire"? Answer: Sundar Pichai (Google)
    10. In the medical field, what is the name of the robot-assisted instruments used by surgeons? Answer: Da Vinci
    11. What is an AI system? Answer: A more general-purpose AI, often made up of several different AI Agents.
    12. Who created the word "robot"? Answer: Josef Capek (He was a Czech artist and poet. His brother, Karel then popularized the word in his play R.U.R. in 1921).
    13. Where does HAL from "2001: A Space Odyssey" reveal he was built? Answer: Urbana, Illinois
    14. What is the link with the following AI Systems: Tesauro's TD-Gammon, DeepMind's AlphaZero, OpenAI Five, DeepMind's Gato? Answer: They all use reinforcement learning AI systems.
    15. The first "humanoid robot" did what automatic action? Answer: Served Tea. (Al-Jazari born in 1136 created a humanoid automata waitress that could serve tea, water or drinks. The drink was stored in a tank with a reservoir from where the drink drips into a vessel and, after seven minutes, into a cup, after which the waitress appears out of automatic door serving the drink).
    16. Sophia, a lifelike AI humanoid, has obtained guaranteed citizenship in what country?  Answer: Saudi Arabia

Now it's time for the big reveal! Who was the winner of this Trivia Tower contest? It was none other than...

@Joe Breed! Congratulations! I'll be sending you a form for you to fill out with your Prize Wall selection.

2nd place was @Janelle Lopez - you win 20,000 GCAP points! 

3rd place goes to @stacey sanchez - you win 10,000 GCAP points!

Congratulations to all of our winners! Janelle and Stacey, @Michael Garside will be in touch with how to claim your GCAP points. 

Thank you to everyone who played and remember: 

Mark your calendars to play "Summer Foods and Picnics" starting this Wednesday at 12pm est.  and fill out those FIFA brackets for more ways to win in the Genesys community!

Good luck out there. 

------------------------------
    Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

Posted 07-17-2023 11:05

YAY! Thank you, Nicole. Though I did not fair as well on the AI Trivia challenge, I am happy others voted for my theme!

I will be on the lookout for the form. 

Nicki Dehn
    AAA Club Alliance

• 3.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2023 11:12

I'm so happy for you, Nikki! Just sent the form and make sure you play YOUR SELECTED THEME this Wednesday, right here in the Trivia Tower community! Congrats again!

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2023 11:13

Thank you, Nicole! I've been working to reach the Top of the Trivia Tower and feel so happy to have hit this achievement!

Joe Breed
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2023 11:15

Wahoo!!! Let's celebrate this milestone with a fun GIF! So happy for you, man!

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

Posted 07-17-2023 11:39

Thank you, Nicole!  

Janelle Lopez
    The Chamberlain Group, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2023 11:46
    Edited by Nicole Milliken 07-17-2023 11:48

Hey Janelle! Make sure you join the GCAP group to get your reward! If you have any questions, hit up @Michael Garside!

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Who Won "AI, Robots, and Chatbots" Trivia Tower contest?

Posted 07-17-2023 12:27

Thank you! this was a fun one! 

Stacey Sanchez
    PACU- Workforce Operations MGR

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources