Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Why can I NOT use yesterdays intraday volumes and data for a future forecast

Posted 03-08-2023 11:31

I want to get ahead of any issues next week, and I want to update next weeks forecast with yesterdays call volume while the issue is front and center, but the forecast will not let me access yesterdays intraday volumes and data, why not? I can use data from 2 days ago but not from yesterday. Is this a bug or a design issue?

#Forecasting

------------------------------
    Conor Twomey
    American Family Insurance

• 2.  RE: Why can I NOT use yesterdays intraday volumes and data for a future forecast

GENESYS
    Posted 03-10-2023 09:09
    Edited by Daniel Chapdelaine 03-10-2023 10:00

Hello Conor, 

We currently have a buffer of 24 hours on historical data because Analytics has no guaranteed SLA of when an interval will "have" data when queried. If you want to see yesterday's history, use intraday monitoring or an analytics view. 

Out of curiosity, what is your forecasting process in GC? Are you using ABM or WHI? If you create a new forecast, you can not associate it with an existing schedule. If you are using WHI, you could add another source date, but updating staffing requirements and service performance would require a re-schedule.

Thank You

(I edited my original comment since it was incorrect.)

Daniel Chapdelaine
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Why can I NOT use yesterdays intraday volumes and data for a future forecast

Posted 03-10-2023 11:18

Hi Daniel,

I can access yesterday's intraday volumes and data; what I cannot do is assign it to next week's forecast, I have to wait until tomorrow to do that. See the screenshot below today is 3/10/2023, I want to apply yesterday's actual intraday volumes to the next weeks forecast, but as you can see the March 9 on the calendar is grayed out.

Best Regards

Logo  Description automatically generated

Conor Twomey
    Senior Workforce Management Analyst,

ICS Operations Readiness

55 West Street | Keene, NH 03431

Main Street America Insurance, an AmFam Group Company

This e-mail message and attachments may be confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Please notify The Main Street America Group immediately by replying to this message or by sending e-mail to security@msagroup.com and then delete this information from your computer. Also, please be advised all e-mail communication from this source is subject to monitoring and review for compliance with company policy. Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Why can I NOT use yesterdays intraday volumes and data for a future forecast

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2023 11:24
    Edited by Daniel Chapdelaine 03-14-2023 11:24

Hi Conor, 

Thank you for the additional details and for sharing a screenshot. I checked with the development team, and this is by design. Unfortunately, due to the potential of the Analytics data being inaccurate till 24 hours later, we have to put this limitation in place. It is rare, but it can happen, so we instead ensure the integrity of the data by forcing the 24-hour waiting period, then allowing users to build forecasts that could be inaccurate. 

Daniel Chapdelaine
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources