Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Why did a call get recorded?

Posted 26 days ago

Hi,

I have a bit of a weird one..

I have some calls that are being recorded, but I can't see why! They are outbound calls made on behalf of a Queue, but as far as I can tell, there are no Policies in place to record calls for either the Queue or the Agent. I've looked at the recording metadata, but it gives me no information about what triggered the recording.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can track down what triggered the recording?

TIA

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 2.  RE: Why did a call get recorded?

Posted 26 days ago

Hi Paul

I might be missing something here but keep in mind the policies are there to determine which recordings to keep vs which calls to record to begin with.  The only difference is whether or not to trigger screen recording.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Why did a call get recorded?

Posted 24 days ago

Just to add to Vaun's comment.

If you have recording activated on a trunk and no policy you will record calls and keep them indefinitely only determined by the Maximum Interaction Data Retention time. This is important as you can go beyond your fair usage in this way over time and will likely be against GDPR or similar regulations as in general you have to have a reason to keep recordings.

If you have a policy for keeping inbound recordings for a specified time, this only applies to those inbound calls.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 4.  RE: Why did a call get recorded?

Posted 24 days ago

The option "Recording" in the trunk configuration defines if the interaction will be recorded.

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 5.  RE: Why did a call get recorded?

Posted 22 days ago

Thanks everyone!

I guess I misunderstood the way "Proactive Recording" works. I thought it was a case of "Record Everything" but then throw away any recording that there wasn't a specific reason to keep - not keep everything that there isn't a specific reason to delete!

This leads me to a bit of a conundrum - I think it will end up being a ticket, but I have some calls missing recordings that, based on the above, should be there.... (That's actually what started this investigation!)

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources