Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Work Plans

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Work Plans

Posted 05-19-2022 06:41
    No replies, thread closed.
    Good morning everyone!  

We are migrating from Engage to Cloud.

Currently in Engage we have one location that has language teams (DE, RU, IT, etc).  On those teams we have from 8-12 agents.  In total approximately 50 agents at this site. We currently have the agents on rotating patterns divided by teams.  We also manually update the rotating pattern from information received from the site (spreadsheet).  Each agent has various shifts throughout the month.  We have a 5 week rotation. This will continue for now as we migrate to Cloud.

My question:

In Cloud I have the management units and under there have created language teams.

Do I now create a work plan for each agent?  for Example under DE create a workplan with the agent name and then in there create a 5 week rotation and manually input the shifts?  Then when creating the rotation I pick the week that we would start the schedule on?  The following month when their shifts change then I just change the work plan based on new information?

Thanks again
    Shirley Harbers
    Operations Planning
    GWC Nokia
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 05-19-2022 11:31
    Shirley, 
    There is a great session running right now on Work Plans by our Beyond Education team, refer to the Event tab on the community. There will be a recording if you miss it but please check back on our events tab as there are many upcoming Demo sessions led by our WEM Innovation Leads being scheduled in the future.
    Also refer to the Resource Center for more info:  Work Plans Rotations
    When:  May 19, 2022 from 11:00 to 12:00 (ET)

Annick Duffy
    WEM Knowledge Hub Leader
    Genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 05-19-2022 16:50
    Thank you so much Annick - Unfortunately I missed it.  Is there another one or can these be downloaded somehow?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 4.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 05-20-2022 12:37
    Let me check that out for you, Shirley

Tracy
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2022 06:22
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 05-24-2022 06:22
    Hi Shirley,

The webinar recording is housed on the Beyond Website - I believe you can view the recording if you are a Beyond Subscriber.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 05-27-2022 09:29
    Thank you so much Tracy.

I got a wee bit sidelined with other stuff this week.

Will review them.  

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Nokia

• 7.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 06-07-2022 08:20
    Hi Tracy
    I can't locate the video?  I am in Genesys Beyond and watching the short videos about WFM.  I need something that focuses on scheduling and workplans and rotations.  I have not found the information about my scenario where they are fixed schedules every month.  Any other places I can look?

thanks so much

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 8.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2022 08:30
    Hi Shirley,

If you go into the Beyond and search 'Workforce' and filter on Genesys Cloud CX - you will get a list including the Work Plans webinar.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 06-07-2022 08:39
    Ahhhh..........my friend you are the best!

Found it.

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 10.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2022 08:47
    Excellent :-) all of those will be of great use.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 06-07-2022 10:32
    Hi there
    Was a great webinar for those examples.  It did not really use my scenario in that one center (Warsaw) has fixed schedule of 5 weeks (work plan) and then changes each month to a different shift on a particular day.  I will keep looking for webinars but they seem to gear themselves to flexible schedule with start times defined whereby ours are agent based and start times vary each day.  

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 12.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 06-08-2022 05:38
    Have you looked at Work Plan Rotations? similar to the Rotating Pattern sin the Engage WFM.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 06-08-2022 06:52
    Hi Tracy

Yes I did - I watched the webinar.  So as a test I have created a workplan by agent name housed under separate management units by language.  In that workplan I created 5 weeks rotation.  So as the schedule comes in I edit the weeks as needed changing the day worked and time worked.  I haven't been able to test yet as our cloud is not fully loaded with information.  I am then assuming then when I can test I will choose the agents in that language group and indicate which week of those rotations I would start the schedule on.  i.e. based on the 1st of the month.  This is the only way I could see of doing it.  One workplan per agent with a 5 week rotation.

On the right track?

thanks
    Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 14.  RE: Work Plans

GENESYS
    Posted 06-08-2022 10:11
    Shirley, 

Yes you are on the right track.  Rotations 'glue' together a sequence of workplans for rotating assignment via the scheduling engine. 

A couple of things you can do to test your outputs. 

1. Work Plan Rotations link, there is a Preview button. That allows you to see the outputs of a rotation and who is assigned to each workplan for a period. 
    2. Generate a demo Schedule using Generate in a the Schedule View. Generate a schedule, run a 5 week schedule then open schedule view (agent) outputs of each agent's assigned schedule via the rotation. 

A special note on using rotations: Rotations are considered first in the hierarchy of scheduling. 1. Rotations, 2. Workplans.  So agents assigned to rotations will be given rotation shifts ahead of if they are also assigned to an individual workplan.  Sometimes this can create some head-scratching moments if you're troubleshooting why an agent got a certain schedule in a certain week.  Check that there is or isn't a Rotation governing a specific agents shift assignments. 

Thanks,
    Chuck

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

• 15.  RE: Work Plans

Posted 06-08-2022 11:06
    Thank you Chuck - not sure if I understand it all yet as I am very new to Cloud.  So when you say rotations are considered first - I generate a schedule - tell the system which week to start a work plan on - is that correct?  

Unfortunately our system is not loaded with agents yet so I can't do a prelim run to see what it looks like but will certainly try it when I have the system more populated.

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources