Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

• 1.  Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-27-2024 06:37

Hello all!

We're currently designing a Bot to capture customer last name prior the caller joining the queue in the flow.

Slot types in Genesys are limited compared to other NLP Bots - Eg, Lex for instance has "Amazon.LastName" as a default slot type.

From what i can see the slot options are builtin:any or List.

List may not be a feasible option due to the amount of variation in names and could take too much resource to maintain.

Does appear to be an idea to increase the default slots available in Genesys Cloud:

Built in Slot Types in Bot Flows | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io)

Has anyone used the Native Genesys NLP for something similar for callers name?

If so, are you able to share the approach and success?

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #Implementation
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Dan Wong
    Domestic & General Services Limited

• 2.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-27-2024 22:55

Names and addresses are guaranteed to have some errors unless it is something normal.  Like a street in my town - Avenida Sepulveda which to Spanish speakers is no problem, but you get these internationally illiterate Americans and Sepulveda becomes a mishmash of stresses and vowels.  Names are even worse with all the same sound names like Jon and John, Mark and Marc, Gene and Jean, and others as well as the unique spellings you are seeing these days.  Best is to set the confidence low and read it back to the caller.  After a couple of tries, have them spell it using a regex for letters only and limit to about 15 or 20 characters.  Don't be too hard on the bot.  I would have a tough time is someone asked me to spell Cydnee, Izobel, or Braedyn. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-28-2024 15:46

Thanks for the feedback, will consider some of those ideas in the design.

Current build is based on Bultin:any so will see how creative we can get!

Dan Wong

• 4.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-29-2024 16:08

"as well as the unique spellings you are seeing these days." 🤣🤣

Ain't that just the case?

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 5.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-28-2024 12:34

I have tested doing this in a Inbound Message Flow.  Bot flows are too much trouble to capture names, IMO.  I used "Get Response".  There is no verification or validation, so you get what you get, but if you just want the agent to see what was typed by the user and not try to use it for any kind of lookups, you should be fine.

Ryan Cheesman
    Senior Manager, IT Integration Services
    Tandem Diabetes Care Inc. | positively different

• 6.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-28-2024 15:54
      |   view attached

Thanks - will explore this idea.

Currently testing BOT with Surname Slot based on Bultin:any.

Response is captured and stored as a variable being presented to an agent through the Script. 

Dan Wong

• 7.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-28-2024 15:26

As an alternative, have you considered doing a customer look up to your CRM based on the caller number, or some other customer identifier they can enter, and looking up their name that way?

Anton Vroon

• 8.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 02-28-2024 16:11

Thanks Anton for the response!

Plan is to use the CLI and pull back records from the CRM linked to this number.

Challenge we have is a CLI maybe linked to multiple CRM records so cannot complete an exact match based on this.

If this returns too many customer profiles, we'll exclude the caller from any further Bot questions.

If it returns a sensible number of customer profiles, then based on further questions (Surname and TBC), try and identify whether we have the right customer record. 

Hope that makes sense / adds a bit more context. 

Dan Wong

• 9.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

GENESYS
    Posted 02-29-2024 18:50

The builtIn:any slot is useful when there really isn't any context for a customer's response. The List slot is useful when there is a static list of options. In this case, the use of a Dynamic Slot might be very helpful.

A Dynamic Slot allows the technology to focus on a few relevant items and provide better accuracy (like a List) while also tailoring each conversation for the information already gathered. 

Dynamic Slots may still struggle with Surnames due to vast variety of names that exist, but in general, the more that the author can narrow down the search space for the Bot by providing context, the better chance the technology has at recognition.

Brad Wehmeier
    Lead Software Engineer
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 03-05-2024 02:09

Thanks Brad. 
    Will explore the dynamic list. 

Dan Wong

• 11.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 7 days ago

Hi, can I ask another question here? I want to collect the caller's first and last name separately in a bot using `builtin:any` slots. At this point, the accuracy of the recognition is not that important because we do not yet have integration with our crm system. I just want to display the result in the call script for now. It works, but everything is displayed in lowercase letters. How should I format it so that the first letter is capitalized and the rest are in lowercase letters?

Viele GrĂĽĂźe,

Thomas

Thomas Repking
    Canada Life Group Services Limited

• 12.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 7 days ago

Names are tricky, especially when you can have people with many names, or multi part names, or hyphenated names etc.

But, basically, the Upper / Lower Functions along with the Substring function, Left Function, FindString and Append function is going to be what you are after

So for example, using a simple word, no hyphens or multi part words (use FindString Function for those)

Task.FirstName = "anton" and I want to convert that to Anton

I could do Task.Firstname = Append(Upper(Left(Task.Firstname,1)),Substring(Task.Firstname,1,99)) - convert to uppercase the first character from the left, then add the rest of the string after

Which is would make it "Anton" 

As mentioned, this will get more complex if you want to account for hyphenated or multi part names.

Anton Vroon

• 13.  RE: Working with Genesys Voice Bots - Capturing Caller Last Name through Bot

Posted 6 days ago
    Edited by Thomas Repking 6 days ago

Thank You Anton, works perfectly now.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources