Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Workitem Task management - Notification Issue

Posted 11-08-2023 14:47
      |   view attached

We are currently working with workitem task management (workbins/workitems) - We have successfully created the flow to create a workitem, are are able to successfully route it to a queue, the item then gets properly routed to an agent when the agent goes available, however, there is no notification sent to the agent that the workitem has been assigned to them. No popup, nothing in agent interactions when the agent is looking at their purecloud, no audio or visual alert. So it seems like everything is work working as designed with the exception of the agent being notified that they have been send a workitem. Has anyone else run into this issue?

#BetaAnnouncement
    #BetaUpdate
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Trevor Armstrong
    WestJet, an Alberta Partnership

• 2.  RE: Workitem Task management - Notification Issue

GENESYS
    Posted 11-09-2023 08:04

Hi Trevor!  

We have not released our agent UI nor routing support for workitems quite yet.  Due to some scale issues we uncovered during beta, we are unlikely to enable that before the end of the year and possibly not until we GA (targeting March at this time.)

I'd love to know a bit more about your use cases and how you plan to use work automation at Adventus.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Sr. Director - Product Management
    Genesys Cloud

• 3.  RE: Workitem Task management - Notification Issue

Posted 11-09-2023 11:25

Hi Chris, 

I work with Trevor A at WestJet. 

Our confusion is what exactly are we beta testing if we cannot look at the items in the workspace? Our uses cases to start at not very advanced but we want to be able to route some form information into our contact centre agents to work on. The information is very basic as well is the routing. We understand the volumes have been a concern but we don't need anything crazy just a POC level stuff to understand if this is viable. 

Trevor Bardon
    WestJet, an Alberta Partnership

• 4.  RE: Workitem Task management - Notification Issue

GENESYS
    Posted 11-10-2023 09:37

Hi Trevor - its a good question and I certainly understand the need to be able to test end-to-end with routing and the agent UI to really kick the tires on the solution.  At this point, you have enough access with the existing beta APIs to build out all of your workitems, your triggers, and your workflows to at least get the business logic built and test everything up to the point of routing.  We will be revisiting beta enablement of the agent UI and routing in the new year and I'm hopeful we can start to enable some customers to help them progress.

We are currently heads-down addressing the scale issues we uncovered during beta and that is really the gating factor right now.

As soon as we have more I will follow-up with you or your account team as I'm definitely of aware of your desire to get going.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Sr. Director - Product Management
    Genesys Cloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources