Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Workspace Web Edition - Subscribing to Agent Call Events (Agent Answered, Hangup, Call Hold, Unhold, Transfer, Conference)

Posted 02-13-2024 21:11

I've spent some time tonight searching the Genesys WWE documentation but nothing stands out on how to subscribe to these events.

The closest document I found is:

Web Services API Reference

Does someone in the community have any specific documentation they can point me to on how to capture the (Agent Answered, Hangup, Call Hold, Unhold, Transfer, Conference) events?

#GenesysEngagePremDev

------------------------------
    Alan Klein
    Cresta Intelligence

• 2.  RE: Workspace Web Edition - Subscribing to Agent Call Events (Agent Answered, Hangup, Call Hold, Unhold, Transfer, Conference)

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2024 14:53

The best thing to do would be to use the WWE Service Client API (https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/HTCC/latest/Dev/ServiceClientAPI) to develop a hidden custom tab that would subscribe to listen to Interaction events (see the bottom of the linked article).  You can then pump that event data to your platform.  This integration would run on every agent's WWE instance and can send those events to your centralized server to process.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Workspace Web Edition - Subscribing to Agent Call Events (Agent Answered, Hangup, Call Hold, Unhold, Transfer, Conference)

Posted 02-14-2024 15:21

Thanks Jim,

Looking toward the bottom of the link you provided under the interaction eventType field for Voice Events,

I see the following Voice Events listed:

Voice events
    CALL_RECORDING_STATE_CHANGED The call recording state changed.
    DIALING The outbound call starts ringing.
    ESTABLISHED The call has been established.
    HELD The call has been held.
    PARTY_CHANGED The list of party has been changed in the interaction.
    RELEASED The call has been released.
    RINGING The inbound call starts ringing.

How to these maps to the events I am looking for Connected To Agent, Call Ended, Call Held, Call Unheld, Call Transferred, Call Conference?

ESTABLISHED - Can I assume this mean the customer is connected to the agent?

**HELD - pretty clear

RELEASED - I assume this means the call has ended (vs. being released from hold?)

** How would I get an event for UNHELD? (taking the call of hold by the agent)?

Any idea for the Transfer and Conference events?

I see under Open Media Events

OpenMedia events
    ACCEPTED The open media interaction is accepted.
    COMPLETED The open media interaction has been completed (Mark as done).
    COMPOSING The open media interaction is in composing mode.
    CREATED The open media interaction has been created.
    INSERT_STANDARD_RESPONSE A standard response has been inserted in the interaction.
    INVITED The open media interaction is an invitation.
    INVITED_CONFERENCE The open media interaction receive a conference invitation.
    IN_QUEUE_FAILED The place in queue has failed.
    IN_WORKBIN The interaction has been placed in the work-bin.
    IN_WORKBIN_FAILED The place in work-bin has failed.
    LEFT_CONFERENCE The open media interaction has left the conference.
    PULLED The open media interaction has been pulled from a work-bin.
    PULL_FAILED The pull from the queue has failed.
    PULL_WORKBIN_FAILED The pull from the work-bin has failed.
    REVOKED The open media interaction has been revoked.
    TRANSFER_COMPLETED The open media interaction has been transferred and the transfer has been completed.

TRANSFER_COMPLETED - this seems good, I assume this apply to Voice Calls to?

INVITED_CONFERENCE - is this the conference started event for a Voice Call (i.e. Agent initiated a Conference?)

--

Thank You

Alan Klein
    Cresta Intelligence

• 4.  RE: Workspace Web Edition - Subscribing to Agent Call Events (Agent Answered, Hangup, Call Hold, Unhold, Transfer, Conference)
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2024 15:37

It has been a while since I wrote a custom tab integration for WWE using the Service Client API, but I believe the following to be true:

Established = the agent answered the call and is connected to the customer

Held = I believe you get a true/false value to indicate if the call is held or resumed

Released = The call has ended

Party_Changed = Used to indicate transfer/conference party changes when an additional agent has joined and left.

The Open Media events won't come into play for voice calls.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources