Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Wrap Code "None"

• 1.  Wrap Code "None"

Posted 02-06-2023 14:58
    Good Afternoon

When I run a report for Wrap-Up for Agent Performance, there is one called "NONE" and you can't even click on it like you can the other codes.  We do not have that wrap up code listed and where does this information come from?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Joy Shewmake
    Workwear Outfitters

• 2.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2023 08:54
    Hi Joy,

The "NONE" row in Agent Wrapup Detail represents data for which the agent handled interactions but had no wrapup code associated; it's not a particular wrapup code. 

Thanks,

Maisey Harris
    Senior Development Group Manager, Analytics UI & Reporting
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 02-07-2023 11:32
    Thank You.  Next question, then what is ININ-WRAP-UP-TIMEOUT?  I thought that would have been they didn't pick a wrap up code within the time that was set in the system.

Thanks

Joy Shewmake
    Workwear Outfitters

• 4.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2023 11:39
    That's one of the system-applied wrap-up codes. Definitions can be found in the Resource Center. ININ-WRAP-UP-TIMEOUT is applied when "The time allowed for after call work expired before the agent assigned a wrap-up."

Hope that helps!

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 03-14-2023 18:31

Hi Maisey,

I noticed a situation where I also am receiving "None" wrap up codes. Here's the scenario:

1. Agent A places a communicate call out to a 10 digit DID, that actually routes into an Architect flow on the same GC Org.
    2.  The call routes through the flow and transfers to the queue.
    3. The call is delivered to Agent B.
    4. Agent A's communicate call is now "upgraded" to an ACD call. Do you know why this is? and the call controls are now on the Interactions tab in the UI.
    5. The interaction disconnects, and Agent B leaves a wrap up code. The count of the "None" increases by 1, because of Agent A's communicate call that was converted to an ACD call.

Can you help me understand why the communicate call is "upgraded" to an ACD call, which then affects the Wrap up Code reportnig by showing as if i have "Nones"

Peter Stoltenberg
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 6.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 03-15-2023 01:51

Hi Peter

I may be way off base here but I'm guessing you'll see this call as both Inbound/Outbound.  From Genesys' perspective it is both but is still a single conversation.

As far as Agent A's communicate call being upgraded, what's actually happening here is that the overall conversation is being "upgraded" to an ACD call.  If your flow targeted Agent B directly instead of via the Queue I suspect you'll see it stay as a non-ACD call throughout.  What makes it None is that there's no queue association with the first part of the call (Agent A) so it has nowhere to lookup to get the list of wrap up codes.

The Devs probably didn't anticipate this type of internal calling which has actually become a lot more common these days.

Vaun McCarthy

• 7.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 03-15-2023 11:05

Hey-o Vaun,

Yup, that's what's happening. I was hoping that the release last week was going to fix this type of thing.. but obviously it doesn't specifically relate to the scenario I listed above. I wanted to bring my scenario back up because I can't recall if it was ever something Genesys was planning to change. 

Thanks again,

Peter

Peter Stoltenberg

• 8.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2023 15:34

Thanks for the assist and great explanation, Vaun.  Peter - what you've effectively done is expose a bit of a loophole here that we don't have a good way to stop.  The call starts out as a NON-ACD call...this could have been a DID call to the user that was then transferred to a queue or back into a flow.  The calls starts with no ACD participant - but once you get a queue (by the paths I just defined), the call is identifed as an ACD interaction and 'upgraded' if you will.

To be honest - I've seen this for a long time and don't recall it being a new feature.  Are you saying you've only seen this happening recently or are you just now noticing it for this use case?

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 9.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 03-15-2023 15:44

Thanks Chris - 

I've been aware of this issue for a while, but it just popped up again for this use case.. So, I figured I'd revitalize the convo to see if anything was new.

Appreciate the input :)

Peter Stoltenberg

• 10.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 03-16-2023 10:01

I completely understand why, usually, you wouldn't want to send a call out to the telco if it's going to just come straight back in, but there are times when it may be preferable and a setting to allow it might be worth considering.

Peter's case is one example as this would allow the two "halves" of the call to be considered separately. Another is that it would allow a work-around for the current inability to record internal calls.

Just my 10 cents.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 11.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 15 days ago

@Maisey Harris Hi. I've been having the same issue as @Joy Shewmake and can't find an explanation as to why the None code appears in my reports. I'm noticing particularly on outbound calls using Preview dialling.What circumstances would this code be assigned to an interaction?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Humphreys
    RCN, Royal College of Nursing

• 12.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

GENESYS
    Posted 15 days ago

Hi Jeff,

"None" means that the interaction was handled but was ended without a wrapup code being selected; it's not actually a wrapup code, but rather it signifies the lack of a wrapup code.

Maisey Harris
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

Posted 9 days ago

Thanks @Maisey Harris

Just to clarify. On our OB queue, we have ACW set to Mandatory, time boxed at 30 seconds and some agents were having trouble setting the wrap code within that time. When the ACW runs out, my understanding was that the system assigned ININ-WRAP-UP-TIMEOUT rather than NONE. Is that correct? Secondly, am I correct in understanding you that NONE is assigned when, for example, the agent clicks on the End Preview within the ACW time without selecting a Wrap code? 

Lastly, when viewing individual agent performance wrap up stats on OB we should always choose Voice as the media type as opposed to Call Back?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Humphreys
    RCN, Royal College of Nursing

• 14.  RE: Wrap Code "None"

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

Hello Jeff!  With mandatory wrap up turned on, you shouldn't have the situation where wrap up hasn't been applied and you're receiving NONE.  NONE turns up if we have agent handle time that has to wrap up associated to it.  It's difficult to tell generically what's causing it, it tends to be situational.  I've seen it happen in transfer scenarios where a new agent was added to the conversation and that person has handle time but wasn't triggered to apply the wrap up because they weren't the assigned agent.

Your behavior can also depend on if you're using communication wrap up https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-communication-level-after-call-work-and-automatic-callbacks/

If you need a deeper analysis, open a case with our support team with some conversation examples or some details about which report you're pulling this from so we can look at your actual data and figure out what you're seeing.  Based on those results, we can make a solid recommendation on how this will affect the reports.

Ryan Legner
    Staff Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources