Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  zoom integration between agent and customer

Posted 03-05-2024 04:43

Hi community ,

We have a usecase at hand , where an agent and customer on a live call , need to switch to a zoom meet . Is there any integration available for this ?

The agent should not need to send the zoom meet link via email/sms to customer. The zoom call should be reportable 'somehow' on interaction timelines and agent -should be considered non-available for other calls during this meeting .

Has anyone implemented something similar before?

Regards

Garima.

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Regards
    Garima.

• 2.  RE: zoom integration between agent and customer

Posted 03-08-2024 22:46

Why not have the agent just conference into the Zoom meeting with the Zoom integration.  Instead of joining Zoom on their softphone, have them call into zoom using the transfer/conf feature.  That way they stay on the same interaction, all can be recorded, and the Zoom meeting can be used for collaboration only.  About the Zoom Meetings integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: zoom integration between agent and customer

Posted 03-08-2024 23:12

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response.

This zoom integration is more of a collaboration between 2 agents. What i am looking for is between customer and agent.

I am not sure if the agent will be able to conference the zoom meeting this way. 

Regards

Garima.

Regards
    Garima.

• 4.  RE: zoom integration between agent and customer

Posted 03-08-2024 23:47

The Zoom integration just sends out a zoom meeting request that the agent can send via SMS to the caller.  The agent can use the Zoom dial in numbers to conference the caller and agent into the zoom meeting.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: zoom integration between agent and customer

GENESYS
    Posted 03-19-2024 11:44

Garima, you may find this dev blueprint interesting.  Especially coupled with Carl's suggestions above.

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: zoom integration between agent and customer

Posted 03-21-2024 05:00

Hi @Jason Wolfgang and @Robert Wakefield-Carl,

Thank you both for your responses!

I missed a small but significant detail in my post earlier. We are using Genesys Cloud for Salesforce. So as confirmed with GC Care as well this is not an option for us (  About the Zoom Meetings integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)  )

Is there is a way, we could integrate zoom with GC for Salesforce ?

What we mainly want is that if an agent and customer are speaking on voice call , and should choose to enter into a zoom call , then not only this integration should be possible , but reportable also (i.e voice leg and zoom leg - both should reflect individually on reporting).

Regards

Garima. 

Regards
    Garima.

• 7.  RE: zoom integration between agent and customer

GENESYS
    Posted 03-26-2024 14:45

Hello Garima, using the blueprint mentioned above within a script, you could leverage this within the embedded framework.  If you coupled that with @Robert Wakefield-Carl's recommendation of "having the agent just conference into the Zoom meeting", I think you may be close to your desired end state.

Regards,

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources