Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

What I write in the chat interaction is deleted when I receive a call

• 1.  What I write in the chat interaction is deleted when I receive a call

Posted 10-30-2017 16:10

I detail the problem that a client reported to us.

1. The agent receives a chat from the web.

2. The agent is writing the response to the client (He has not pressed "enter" the message is in the drafting phase) and in parallel, he enters a call.

30-10-2017 11-09-05 

3. The agent answers the call and after a while returns to the window where he had the chat.

4. The history of the conversation is maintained, but everything that was written and not finished sending (I do not press "enter") is deleted.

Is this the functionality or should some additional adjustments be made?

Thanks to your support.

Julio Segil

• 2.  RE: What I write in the chat interaction is deleted when I receive a call

Posted 11-01-2017 19:00

Hello Julio!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community team with your question. The behavior you described is not expected behavior. The text in the chat should be cached so when another interaction is fielded by the agent, that text is still there when they navigate back to handle the chat.

This was just brought to the attention of our Support team this week and an internal ticket was raised with the team that handles the functionality. A fix is being worked on and should be in place soon.

Please feel free to open a Support ticket if you haven't done so already so you can follow along with the progress of the fix. Again, we thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we look forward to getting the fix in place as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Chad Eckdahl

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources