Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Default Communications Devices

Posted 05-15-2017 17:53

My team is using the wireless Jabra 930 headsets as softphones within PureCloud. 

Much of the team is using Windows 7. 

Ideally, we would like to hear the rings through the speakers on the computer, and communicate using the headset.

When we set up the headsets and sound preferences according to this link: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-purecloud-softphone-audio/

All the sounds, come through the speakers and the microphones don't work. 

I have attached images of how my headset is set up...

phone selectorplayback

Can anyone assist to make this function as desired..?

Thanks!

-Em

• 2.  RE: Default Communications Devices

GENESYS
    Posted 05-18-2017 16:52

Unfortunately, I do not have a Jabra 930 to test with. I have my SB Tactic3D Rage wireless USB headset set up the same way you have pictured, using my WebRTC phone with the SB headset for the phone and my default sound devices set to a different mic and speakers. 

I clicked Run Diagnostics, and it fails on the speakers connectivity test...but when I test it, my default computer speakers play the ring, and once the call is connected my SB headset mic and speakers are used for the phone while my Spotify music continues to play from the Windows default speakers...no problems.

I am on Windows 8.1, which shouldn't make a lot of difference.

Once in a while, switching sound devices and tryin gto get the new settings to take I have to quit a program and restart it...have you tried doing so with the client after setting it up to use the Jabra for mic and speakers? (If running in a browser, close all instances of the browser and restart it)

• 3.  RE: Default Communications Devices

Posted 10-13-2017 20:51

Hi George and Emily, I would love to help on this. I am with Jabra. Have you found a solution? Can we support a headset for testing and finding a solution?... thank you, stephan

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources