A place to ask questions, connect with others, and stay in the know
We had a screaming good time with this horror-themed trivia event. Our blood curled as we tallied up the points to realize, YET AGAIN, that this all boiled down to who posted their answer in the bonus question. The score was only differentiated by a scary two points!
But before we reveal the Scream Queen or King, here are the answers to the Horror Nights Trivia questions:
1. What was the original title of "The Blob?"
(After hearing that cartoonist Walt Kelly had used The Glob as a title for his children's book, the production team mistakenly believed that they couldn't use that title, so they changed it to The Blob.
2. How many people associated with the making of "The Exorcist" died during production?
(Many say the movie was cursed because when the film started shooting, a bird flew into a circuit box and burned down the set. Well, everything was burned down BUT the room used for the exorcism scenes, yikes! After that, many people died who were associated with the film production and/or the actors/actresses in the movie including Jack McGowran, a watchman on set, and a special effects expert).
3. Freddy Krueger wants to know the address for the Genesys Knowledge Network. If you get it wrong, he'll see you in your dreams…
(Head on over and check out the amazing re-design that has everything at your fingertips!)
4. Who did Capt. Elliot Spencer become?
5. Which of the following is NOT another name for Halloween?
6. In "Alien" what animal sound did they modify in post-production to create the Alien's scream?
7. How many gallons of fake blood was used in the original "Nightmare on Elm Street" during production?
(A lot of this fake blood was used in the famous scene where Johnny Depp gets pulled into the bed).
8. Who is Mr. Punch?
(Mr. Punch makes his terrifying debut in the horror movie, The Dolls).
9. What is the highest grossing horror movie of all time?
(Move over Speilberg! While Jaws made an impressive $483 million, IT: Chapter 1 killed it's competition with $701 million!)
10. You can make reservations for lunch in this infamous horror movie location. Where is it?
(I'm not sure why one would want to eat anywhere near this house, but alas, it is a food-option if you're in Texas).
11. If Jason Voorhees had to choose between the following GKN navigation options to find Genesys Cloud CX certification information, where would he go?
12. To promote the movie "The Ring," DreamWorks created what as a promotional gag?
13. What is the name of the demon who possesses Regan in "The Exorcist?"
14. What film is credited with coining the notorious phrase, "Do you like horror movies?"
15. What movie has the famous line, "They're coming to get you Barbara!"
16. Mogwai from "Gremlins" has three rules you should know about him. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
Now that you know where you stand, it's time to reveal our Horror Nights winner!
@Janelle Lopez you're our Scream Queen, congratulations! You get your choice off the Prize Wall – just drop a line in this thread and I'll reach out to you and get it shipped ASAP!
For shoutouts, the second place winner was @Robert Wakefield-Carl and third was @Nicole Dehn. Keep playing, you were all one-two points from one another.
Are you horrified you didn't win? Don't worry! We've got another great Trivia Event Nov. 16 themed "Fast Foodies," where we do all this again. So make sure you mark your calendars because we LOVE giving out prizes!
Congrats to our winners and we'll see ya next time.
Every year, Genesys® orchestrates more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in more than 100 countries. Through the power of our cloud, digital and AI technologies, organizations can realize Experience as a Service℠, our vision for empathetic customer experiences at scale. With Genesys, organizations have the power to deliver proactive, predictive, and hyper personalized experiences to deepen their customer connection across every marketing, sales, and service moment on any channel, while also improving employee productivity and engagement. By transforming back-office technology to a modern revenue velocity engine Genesys enables true intimacy at scale to foster customer trust and loyalty.