View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

• 1.  Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-12-2022 09:32

Contact center

Single customer view powered by identity resolution available in all regions

Agents can now use single customer view, powered by identity resolution, to follow a contact's story throughout touch points with your organization. When an interaction begins, Genesys Cloud automatically shows the contact's journey with your organization across these channels: web messaging, inbound calls, web chat, select agent-initiated interactions, select agentless notifications, and select third-party messaging. Single customer view is not division-aware and enables agents to merge a contact's new channel information with existing records. For more information about this feature, see About single customer view. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 1, Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 3, or Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II.

Introducing Genesys Enhanced Text-to-Speech integration

Genesys Enhanced Text-to-Speech engine is now available. This integration expands language options and enables customers to select the most appropriate TTS voice for their organization. Architect can now integrate with the Genesys Enhanced TTS solution for text-to-speech playback on a per-flow basis. For more information, see About text-to-speech (TTS) engines. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 1, Genesys Cloud CX 2, or Genesys Cloud CX 3. 

Shift trading on iOS and Android devices

Agents can now use the Genesys Tempo™ mobile application on their iOS or Android devices to request shift trades. Agents can offer shifts to specific colleagues, post available shifts to the trade board, browse the available shifts for trade, and review their trades. For more information, see Mobile apps for workforce management schedules and About workforce management for agents. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 3, Genesys Cloud CX 1 WEM Add-on II, or Genesys Cloud CX 2 WEM Add-on I.

Secure bot flows in Architect

Administrators and contact center managers can now create secure Genesys Dialog Engine Bot Flows that prevent access to sensitive information by masking audio paths and data capture and by halting system recording. This feature ensures that Genesys Cloud bot flows are PCI-compliant. For more information, see Secure flows overview and Manage a variable. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 2 or Genesys Cloud CX 3.

Audit log viewer for action maps

Contact center administrators can now use the existing audit log viewer to see details about the events that occurred during action map creation and maintenance during the specified period. The audit provides improved visibility into changes to action maps. For more information, see About the audit log viewer. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 2 and Genesys Cloud CX 3.

Agent Locale Scripter variable for agent's chosen language

Script designers can now use the Agent Locale variable to display information about the agent's chosen language. The variable enables the script designer to dictate, based on the agent's chosen language, the content that appears or the actions that trigger. For more information, see Built-in script variables. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 1, Genesys Cloud CX 2, or Genesys Cloud CX 3.

Sentiment feedback, content search, and Interactions view icon updates

Genesys standardized sentiment icons and colors across the content search, Interactions view, and sentiment feedback user interfaces in Genesys Cloud. In addition, the sentiment trend column in content search adds icons that show whether the sentiment trend is increasing, decreasing, or neutral using echelon icons. For more information, see About sentiment analysis and Interactions view. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud CX 3, Genesys Cloud CX 1 WEM Upgrade II, or Genesys Cloud CX 2 WEM Add-on I.

#Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-12-2022 13:22
    Huge release day!  Sometimes I think of Release Wednesdays as waves in the ocean.  You can sit on your board for 10-15 waves and then all of a sudden, that big one hits you.  Thanks, Genesys for these Nugs!!!

Image result for what do you call huge waves

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10-12-2022 17:44
    Agreed some great new features.

Question on the Secure bot flows feature.
    Is there any plan in place to allow slots to be marked as secure?
    Currently they can't be as all slots are outputs, and no output can be marked as secure. And we can't untick Output for any slot.

Use case here is In Q authentication, requesting a customer number and pin, obviously we would want the pin to be secure. 
    Easy enough to do on inbound flow with a secure call. But if there is a long wait time and they are not already authenticated might as well try again while they wait.
    And In Q flows can't call secure call flows, so was hoping this would be a nice work around for that. Doesn't seem to be the case if we can't mark slots as secure.

Currently seems the only working use case is lookup secure information, from a CRM etc, and not asking the customer for secure information.

Anton Vroon

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-13-2022 07:58

Hi Anton,

That's a good question and that prompted me to go and check the Product Roadmap as well as any Ideas that were submitted around the use case you've brought up and I did not see anything in place. I would suggest puttng in this feature / product enhancement request on the Genesys Cloud CX Ideas Lab to see if we can get a substantial amount of votes and comments for our developers to review.

We also have the next Product Roadmap Webinar happening on October 19th. There will be two sessions and you can register through the Genesys Knowledge Network (You'll need to log in to access the webinar registration links shown below). This will be a good opportunity to see the features planned for roll out to General Availability or those currently in development.

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10-13-2022 15:17
    Thanks Gabe.

Idea created for anyone who also wants to be able to collect secure information through a bot
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXVBOTS-I-34

Anton Vroon

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-12-2022 17:54
    Hey Gabe!

Happy release day!

Are there any steps to enable Genesys Enhanced Text-to-Speech? I've set it to the TTS engine in Architect to use Kandyce as that's the only thing showing. I can't see anything in integrations or add-ons either

Thanks,

Joshua Civitareale
    Nexon Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd.

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-13-2022 04:50
    Hello Joshua,

Enhanced TTS has an enablement step via AppFoundry, which is really just to show and have you agree to terms of use and billing. Sharing the AppFoundry link below.

https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/7279fb96-a8eb-4019-bb94-879b92a6cf82

Nico Feliciano
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-13-2022 18:43
    Will this step be added to the resource center? Right now there is no mention of this, and for the first few hours of release the new TTS engine just... showed up, ready to use. Quite confusing and weird way to release things.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 9.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-14-2022 00:36
    Just as a heads up in case other people didn't spot this too..  previously the standard Genesys TTS was free, now the only option is this enhanced stuff that has a cost associated with it.

Vaun McCarthy

• 10.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-17-2022 10:37
    Vaun,

I just installed the Genesys Enhanced TTS and I still have access to the "non enhanced" Genesys TTS engine and language.  

@Gabe Ladios
    Can I get a confirmation that the Genesys TTS is still "free", and its intended to remain available as a separate option alongside the "Enhanced TTS" offering?

Josh Davis
    SENIOR SOLUTION ENGINEER
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 11.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2022 10:38
    Yes

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-17-2022 17:17
    The resource centre is slight misleading on this:

This doesn't seem to really make clear that "default" and "native" are two different engines here.

Another page says:

Vaun McCarthy

• 13.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2022 03:01
    Hi Vaun,

I went ahead and raised this with one of our Senior Product Delivery managers and It has been confirmed that our old TTS engine (Genesys TTS) still remain and will be available as a separate option alongside the paid Enhanced TTS offering. We'll be working with the documentation folks on making improvements on the resource center articles to clarify the line items you've shown.

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2022 10:40
    I think Melissa beat me to the punch on giving that confirmation :)

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-14-2022 04:15

Hello Brad,

I went back into the resource center article and I see your point since the instructions lack that step which specifically instructs the customer to proceed to the appfoundry after clicking on the "+ integrations" section on step 5 below.

I tried searching for "Enhanced TTS" and it just greys out the selections since the search cannot find a match below. So I clicked on Appfoundry

And there it was.

We'll get with our Documentation team so that we can make these steps clear for customers. Thank you very much for catching this.

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 16.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-14-2022 14:36
    Thank you for this. The KB page I started with was the pricing one, which leads with 'no install is necessary' - a mismatch from some of the other pages and from the release notes.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 17.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-17-2022 10:49
    Regarding Enhanced TTS, is there a way to sample or listen to the voices without having to use one in a flow and just test it?  there are quite a few options available.  How would we go about identifying the best choice?  Will there be any tools available to preview the voices outside of Architect?

Also, it's not clear which ones are standard and which are Advanced.  Will this be clearly documented somewhere?

Josh Davis
    SENIOR SOLUTION ENGINEER
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 18.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2022 11:12

Hi Josh,

I was chatting earlier with our Product Folks and I was advised that right now, the only way to test the voices is to update a flow and listen. The Product Team is currently exploring options for customers to listen to samples.

Also from what I've heard on which ones are standard vs advanced, that should be on the TTS voice name, but I am yet to personally check that since I have limited access rights

Gabe Ladios
    Genesys - Employees

• 19.  RE: Genesys Cloud Release Notes - 12th October 2022

Posted 10-17-2022 16:24
    For the ones with Standard or Wavenet, you can listen here: Supported voices and languages  |  Cloud Text-to-Speech Documentation  |  Google Cloud

For those with Neural and Generate AI, you can listen here: Ignite 2020 Neural TTS updates: new language support, more voices and flexible deployment options - Microsoft Community Hub

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources