Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Substitutions for Canned Responses

Posted 03-28-2019 13:56
    I have a requirement to include the first name of the customer in canned responses for Chat and Email interactions.  I see that the full customer name (first and last name) is configured out of the box as a substitution, but i haven't found a way to trim off the last name. 

Is there a way to get just the first name as a substitution?  Does it need to be set as participant data on the client side, and is that possible with Chat?
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Jonathan Slovacek
    Senior Telecom Lead
    SGE North America Serviceco, LLC

• 2.  RE: Substitutions for Canned Responses

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2019 14:43
    Hi @Jonathan Slovacek,

We are trying something new in the community. We are answering community questions in the form of a show. In our pilot episode, your question above is discussed. Check out the video to see what our expert had to say and let us know if you still have any questions or thoughts on the format.

https://community.genesys.com/viewdocument/purecloud-community-qa-show-pilo

Cheers,

Matt​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Substitutions for Canned Responses

GENESYS
    Posted 05-16-2019 07:18
    For email, the name is sent to us in the email header in a single field and not separated as first name/last name. That's why we offer only the full name out of the box - we wanted to avoid mistakes separating the first name/last name. However, you could set up an email flow to retrieve the first name/last name from another system and pass those via participant data and use custom substitutions to populate that data.

For chat, you should be able to create custom substitutions to capture the first name/last name sent from the website. https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/webchat/index.html
    Additionally, chat flows are currently in beta and allow you to perform additional data dips to populate the first name/last name as you can do for email. If you'd like to participate in the chat flow beta, let me know. There are a few caveats around the usage currently, but glad to get you setup if you are ok with the caveats.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources