PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Media Server Resources Not Available

• 1.  Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 13:51
    I am trying to set up a new workgroup in our Dev environment and when I try to call out of the Dev system, the call is disconnected immediately and I am getting the error of either 'Media Server Resources Not Available' or 'Media Server Resources Not Available to Reach Your Station'.

This has not been an issue in the past.  What am I missing?

------------------------------
    Niki Mason
    Our Sunday Visitor

• 2.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 13:54
    Did you log into your media server for your dev environment and check the server connection status in the web management portal?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 14:11
    The dev license for your media server may have expired. The ones we use for VM media servers in our dev environment expired this week.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 14:46
    Actually, we noticed last week that our MAC address changed.  We updated the license in the CIC test env, but not on the MS test env.  When I try to upload the new license in the MS Web Configuration, it says the Machine ID's do not match.  The web configuration has the OLD host ID listed instead of the new one, from when the MAC address changed.  How would I update the Machine ID on the MS web configuration to the current ID?  i called support and the said to restart the media server and it should pull in the new ID.  We did that, but it was not successful.  Until we can update to the correct machine name (host ID), it will not accept the new license.

Niki Mason
    Our Sunday Visitor

• 5.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 14:49
    You should ensure that the CPU ID and MAC address of your media server are assigned as static if it is a VM.  This will ensure that your host ID doesn't change in the future.  Beyond that, you need to generate a new license file using the host ID on your media server and apply that license to the media server.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 6.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 15:30
    Sorry you are having problems, Niki.

Can you tell us how the Media Server is set up for your test environment? Is it a Virtual Machine? If so, and it is not installed on the same VM as the IC server, the MAC probably didn't change on the Media Server itself, and thus the Host ID would not have changed.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 15:37
    It is a VM, along with several others.  I believe our network guys moved several VM's at the same time.
    I was able to fix this and get the license loaded correctly, so THANK YOU for your help with that.

Now, when I try to make a call, the error I am getting says " There are no lines available to reach your station"

Niki Mason
    Our Sunday Visitor

• 8.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 15:50
    Because the Media Server was not working when Interaction Center started, the registration lines may not have initialized properly. 

I would first go to the Lines container in Interaction Administrator, highlight all of the lines, right-click and choose Set Active, then No. Select all again, same thing, but select Yes.

Check the Microsoft Application Event log to see if the lines came up without errors.

If still an error, you can try restarting the TsServer subsystem in IC System Manager to see if everything comes up all right. If that doesn't do it, let us know.

Also make sure the phone is registered. With Media Server down, a phone won't provision and register properly, so that is another thing to check.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 16:16
    I tried both suggestions and came up empty handed :(

Niki Mason
    Our Sunday Visitor

• 10.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-03-2018 16:42
    When you look at the media servers web management portal, what does the connection status say? I have gotten that error message when the connection status is down or in a state of Notifier Connection Failure.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 11.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

GENESYS
    Posted 07-03-2018 16:54
    Yes, check the web interface for Media Server, plus check the Microsoft Application Event log for errors.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 12.  RE: Media Server Resources Not Available

Posted 07-06-2018 09:37
    Just a follow up.  We were finally able to get this working.

When the VM moved, the Adapter became undefined.  Once we reset that to Ethernet, it worked.
    sWJctF7TSqC38O2Y4x0V_Adapter.jpg

Niki Mason
    Our Sunday Visitor

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources