Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PureEngage Cloud Rant

Posted 09-12-2018 16:59

• Does anyone know Genesys' plan for PureEngage Cloud?
    • I keep hearing the phrase "Cloud First", yet I can find nothing on it.
    • Everywhere you see:
      • PureCloud
      • PureConnect
      • PureEngage
      • but no PureEngage Cloud.
    • We had to beg for our own Community.
    • Genesys User Groups - Great idea
      • The GUG's FAQ's shows:
        • Do you support all product lines?
          • Yes: PureCloud, PureConnect, and PureEngage.

• Genesys preaches Customer Experience for our customers,  well what about the Customer Experience for Genesys Customers? 
    If this comes across as Genesys bashing, it is not my intent.  If I have chosen the wrong location to post this, please except my apologies.

#Other/NotSure

------------------------------
    Byron Nelson
    Customer Ops System Administrator
    OGE Energy Corp

• 2.  RE: PureEngage Cloud Rant

GENESYS
    Posted 09-13-2018 08:41
    Edited by Clay Tison 09-13-2018 12:10

Hi Byron,

Thank you for sharing. I understand where you're coming from and I wanted to share a few small changes that are happening around having the customizable Genesys Knowledge Network begin to surface the PureEngage Cloud content that might be of most interest to you.

After logging in to the Knowledge Network (know.genesys.com) using the same username and password as the Community, you can display, hide, and arrange the cards to your preference.

From the PureEngage dashboard, there are separate Cloud Docs and Premises Docs cards already published. I'd suggest dragging the Premises Docs card to the Dashboard Menu and placing the Cloud Docs card more prominently on your dashboard.

Here's an example…

Cloud GKN

Tomorrow (pending any unforeseen Florence issues) we will publish separate Cloud Release Notes and Premises Release Notes cards. 

Soon we'll publish separate Premises and Cloud Community cards.

And remember, you can always find the PureEngage Cloud-specific documentation here:  http://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/Cloud .

We realize that we have a lot more work to do but wanted to share these small enhancements with you today.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we always welcome ideas and suggestions for improvement.

Clay Tison
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: PureEngage Cloud Rant

GENESYS
    Posted 09-13-2018 10:07
    Edited by Matt Lawson 09-13-2018 11:20
    Hey @Byron Nelson,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for sharing your feelings with Genesys and the community. I'm sure some of my colleagues and hopefully some of your peers will want to chime in with their thoughts and updates, but I wanted share my perspective since I manage the community and oversee a lot of the content you referenced in your post. 

Just in case you did not know, PureCloud and PureConnect also have Premises and Cloud options, but they are not referenced separately like PureEngage Premises and PureEngage Cloud because the technology is not very different between the Premises and Cloud options for the PureCloud and PureConnect platforms. So when I reference PureEngage, I am thinking about both Cloud and Premises options. Like a proud parent, I cannot chose between my kids, they are my "children" or, in this case, my "PureEngage". 

As a community manager, I know that the success of a community is dependent on engagement. It's important to have a strong and devoted user base to launch and sustain a community. Though the Cloud and Premises options for PureEngage have differences, they still have some similarities, so I feel that cross pollinating helpful information between the two groups early on can be beneficial in building a strong and engaging community and then opening separate forums once demand and momentum is there. As you know, it took us a while to build to that threshold where my team and I felt a PureEngage Cloud community could be successful as a stand-alone community, but we are pleased to have it available now. 

I believe the user group will take the same approach I just discussed. Not sure if this was stated specifically on the GUG's landing page, but the GUG for PureEngage is just now getting started. They just had their first meeting last month. So now is a great time for passionate PureEngage users, like you, to get involved regardless of your Cloud/Premsies preference. I'm sure that the plan for the User Group is to start with a mixed audience of PureEngage users, collaborate on finding topics that are valuable to both Premises and Cloud, and then move towards having separate meetings once there is enough engagement/demand. 

I hope my response is helpful and I hope that more information is on its way. Always feel free to reach out to me with any questions or ideas you have about the community.

Thanks,

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 4.  RE: PureEngage Cloud Rant

Posted 09-14-2018 08:13
    Hi Byron,

​I attended the first PureEngage user group and we were the only company on the Cloud.  Perhaps you'd consider joining as well and lobbying for more cloud specific content and discussion with us?

I too find it difficult at times to find content beyond the basic docs that is cloud specific - and often times in things like Release announcements it's unclear if it's available for Cloud, or it's simply stated as "coming soon."  I've also found some cloud documentation to be much less specific than premesis documentation and have run into situations where there's no documentation at all for things we're trying to achieve.  It seems to be a work in progress.  I'm optimistic that with customer feedback from Cloud users it will continue to improve.

Bethany Han
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC

• 5.  RE: PureEngage Cloud Rant

Posted 09-20-2018 12:43
    Bethany,

Thank you for the feedback.  I did sign up to the PureEngage user group. Maybe if we get enough Cloud teams involved Genesys will see the uniqueness of the platform to give us our own group.

Byron Nelson
    Customer Ops System Administrator
    OGE Energy Corp

• 6.  RE: PureEngage Cloud Rant

Posted 10-15-2018 15:24
    I too find it frustrating to find "Engage Cloud" specific information somethimes. Most is written for premise since that's the majority of their clientele and I get that, but I find many times stuff that is referenced is stuff that we don't have access to, when it comes to programming. 

I do love that new functionality is being offered ( like an alternative to Gi2) and I can't wait to see what the future brings, but I guess we need to be patient for the next little bit while the platform becomes even more mature.

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Linde North America, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources