Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  speechminer - MS Azure BLOB storage

Posted 04-14-2020 09:38
    Is anyone currently storing their speechminer recordings in Azure BLOB storage?
    If so, are you able to retrieve the interaction metadata information easily?
    Any tricks or lessons learned that I should know about?

I'm just trying to figure out if this is something we could "easily" implement.

Thanks all
    #QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Monique Morel-Peseski
    System Administrator
    Messer Canada Inc.

• 2.  RE: speechminer - MS Azure BLOB storage

Posted 04-15-2020 09:53
    Hi Monique,

We download all calls (audio and screen capture) and store them in the Azure cloud for long term storage.   It was quite a process though and required a lot of development from my team.  Setting up Genesys' RCBS application was some trial and error with a lot of direction from Genesys.  You need this application to securely download the recordings and decrypt each.  Due the the volume of recordings we have 7 instances or RCBS running daily.

Once downloaded, we built a process to index all the included metadata for each recording to allow searching and retrieval.  We also built a UI so the business users could search for, playback and download any recording(s) with built-in roles for who could view what.   This was quite a project but works quite well now.  

You will also need to consider a purge strategy in the Cloud or at least moving to less expensive 'Archive' storage to save on storage costs.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 3.  RE: speechminer - MS Azure BLOB storage

Posted 04-15-2020 11:45
    Hi Davide

Thank you so much. It sounds like quite the project. I'll definitely keep it in mind for when things "settle down" a bit to see if it's worth our while.
    I'm also hopeful that with Genesys' and Azure's partnership, this may result in a cost reduction in the future..

Stay well!

Monique Morel-Peseski
    System Administrator
    Messer Canada Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources