Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Application Dependency Data

Posted 01-14-2020 14:01
    Is anyone aware of application dependency data available for Genesys applications? I'm thinking of something similar to the data that feeds into the Debian package dependencies that are checked with the apt command. For example, I'm currently working on upgrading Genesys Mobile Services, and in reading the release notes, I found that URS needed to be updated. In reading the URS release notes, I found that Stat Server needed to be updated. This is tedious, and prone to human error. I would like to be able to map out a set of dependencies for any particular upgrade. Any idea if this data is available somewhere?

Thanks
    Rick
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Rick Bennett
    Mediu LLC

• 2.  RE: Application Dependency Data

Posted 01-14-2020 16:19
    I'm not aware of anything that exists from an API or web portal driven matter.  We went through the same thing with GMS as well :)
    There are the Genesys Interoperability Guide, but doesn't cover this product.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Application Dependency Data

Posted 01-14-2020 16:57
    And for the apps that the interop guide covers, it doesn't go into enough detail. That guide is like saying "Python 2 works in Linux 6".

And it doesn't even have to be an API--I'm willing to parse a crappy text file or scrape a web page, IF there's anything remotely consistent.

Thanks for your feedback. Maybe others have figured out a way...

Rick Bennett
    Mediu LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources