Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Work Plan 9 Day Fortnight with SET Rostered Day off

Posted 11-30-2020 01:15
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi all

I am trying to set up a Work Plan for a staff member who will work 76 hours in a fortnight.  34 hours one week, and 42 hours in the second week.  But I always want their RDO to fall on the same day in week 1 (example - Wednesday).  Work Plans don't seem to be able to create SET days off within the plan.  Is that right?  I know there's the 'optional' day, but that can apply the RDO to a random Wednesday in the fortnight, rather than a set one

My main question is, how can I build a set RDO in to a fortnightly Work Plan?  I can create individual weekly work plans, but Genesys Cloud advises that staff can only be applied to one work plan at any given point.

Hope that makes sense, any help would be appreciated

Regards

John
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    John Smith
    MyBudget

• 2.  RE: Work Plan 9 Day Fortnight with SET Rostered Day off

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2020 08:07
    Hi John

You could use Work Plan Rotations for this, building 2 seperate weeks with the required hours etc (2 individual Work Plans) and then rotate the employee through the 2 weeks.

In this way you wouldn't assign the Agents to the Work Plans themselves, rather you would set up a rotation that just uses Week 1 then Week 2, and the system would loop them around these weeks.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-plan-rotations-overview/ 

Hope this helps

Thanks

Andy

Andrew Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Work Plan 9 Day Fortnight with SET Rostered Day off

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2020 11:19

Yeah, I second Andrew's idea on utilizing work plan rotations.

The other option is to have 2-week planing periods for the particular Management Unit, but you wouldn't get the rotation you desire in terms of alternating between 34h and 42h. I mention this for completeness and it would be valid if you wanted to set a 2-week planning period of say a total of 76h, but you were more flexible in how it was distributed in each given week of the 2-week planning period.

To your 'Work Plans don't seem to be able to create SET days off within the plan' statement, this isn't correct. If you want Bob not to work any Wednesday, then in the work plan there shouldn't be any shift in the work plan that has Wednesday as a selected day. Now if you instead want to say their day off can be any of several days, but once 'chosen' by the scheduling engine you want it to always be the same day in subsequent weeks for multi-week scheduling, then there is no current way to specify/accomplish that.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 4.  RE: Work Plan 9 Day Fortnight with SET Rostered Day off

Posted 12-01-2020 17:06
    Hi all

Right after posting this, realised that individual weekly work plans were the best option, and that's produced what I've wanted.  Appreciated the responses though, as that's affirmed the right process.

The only confusing point what that agents could be assigned directly to the Work Plan, and creating the two separate weeks and trying to assign the agent to both weekly work plans would error out.  Wasn't aware that you could leave the Work Plan blank and simply assign the agents directly at the Work Plan Rotation level!  

Thanks again, appreciate the speedy responses!

Regards,

John G. Smith

John Smith
    MyBudget

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources