Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  General Question

Posted 09-06-2019 17:03
    Which programming language would help me out the most if I wanted to increase my PureCloud Marketability? I want to make the jump from Admin to Engineer and don't really know where to start. I was going to take on Python first but thought I'd ask you guys first. My role at my company is to stay on top of the phone system and to scale wherever I can with automation. My goal  one day is to be able to integrate social media , BI tools, chat BOT types of things.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Bryan De La Cruz
    GreatPlains Finance, LLC

• 2.  RE: General Question

GENESYS
    Posted 09-09-2019 09:15
    Hey, Bryan! How you doin'?

PureCloud extensibility and customization is all geared for using the API, so one of the scripting languages would be best. You can do research on the internet and come up with all kinds of arguments on both sides regarding whether Python or JavaScript is better to start with.

All I can say, is, our own development teams, testing teams, PS, etc. rely on JavaScript for the most part. Also, when I asked our lead API developer which language/platform I should learn first, he pointed me toward Node.js.

I hope that helps.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: General Question

Posted 09-16-2019 13:42
    It helps tremendously. Thank you

Bryan De La Cruz
    GreatPlains Finance, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources