Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  please share your Emergency Routing practice!

Posted 10-11-2019 21:37
    There is a big typhoon hitting our region this weekend, which reminds me of the Emergency Routing feature where you can associate an Emergency Group with your emergency flow, and activate/deactivate the Emergency Routing.

I am just wondering how your emergency flow would look like, any gotchas/tips you have learned, etc.  For example, do you simply provide a prompt that says something like "our call center is less staffed today, so you would expect a longer wait time", do you simply say "our call center is not open today" and then hang up, or do you direct customers to callback/SMS/etc. for later treatment/self service?

Let me know when you have time! Thanks in advance.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Hiroto Masaki
    Premier Financial

• 2.  RE: please share your Emergency Routing practice!

Posted 10-14-2019 09:02
      |   view attached
    It really depends on if you're going to have anyone in - if it's for an actual emergency such as the Typhoon I would assume not, much easier to just point your emergency group to a message that plays and disconnects, in which you can say "please try again later", or whatever phraseology you care to use.

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: please share your Emergency Routing practice!

Posted 10-14-2019 17:55

Thanks Gordon for a response. "It really depends on if you're going to have anyone in -" --> Yes, I agree..

Hiroto Masaki
    Premier Financial

• 4.  RE: please share your Emergency Routing practice!

Posted 10-15-2019 06:04
    No problem- hope it passed and everyone is ok!

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources