Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Play audio if a call is unanswered

Posted 08-16-2019 05:37
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to find a solution to this.

I have a call flow that transfers to a task and within that task it transfers to a group.
    I simply want to play some audio if the call is not answered by a member of the group.

So far I have been unable to do this, so has anyone managed to do this themselves?
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Fraser Clark
    Postcode Lottery Limited

• 2.  RE: Play audio if a call is unanswered

GENESYS
    Posted 08-16-2019 09:17
    You need to set Allow rollover to Voicemail to False. in the Transfer to Group action.

With it set to False, the Transfer to Group takes the Failure path after the designated Connect Timeout. Then you can have it play something using the Failed Transfer Audio setting or a Play Audio action added after the Failure.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transfer-to-group-action/ 

Failure

This path indicates that there was an error executing the action or there was a problem processing the results.  Specify the action if Architect is not able to transfer the call or if Allow rollover to voicemail is set to False. For example, a play audio action to indicate that the action wasn't successful or a transfer action to send the caller to an agent or representative for assistance. 

Note: If the network experiences connectivity issues, the action automatically takes this failure path.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Play audio if a call is unanswered

Posted 08-16-2019 09:59
    Thanks for the info George, I thought I tried this initially but thinking about it I may have forgotten to set the voicemail setting to False.
    I will try again and report back.

Fraser Clark
    Postcode Lottery Limited

• 4.  RE: Play audio if a call is unanswered

Posted 08-16-2019 10:09
    So I configured this as you suggested and still the failed audio does not play. 
    It simply disconnects.

Can you sanity check my flow and see if I have any glaring errors?

Fraser Clark
    Postcode Lottery Limited

• 5.  RE: Play audio if a call is unanswered

GENESYS
    Posted 08-27-2019 17:28
    I think the main difference between yours and mine is that I set the Connect Timeout in the Transfer to Group action in Architect. Otherwise my group loops around through all the users 10 times waiting for someone to pick up, and I'm not sure what that would do to the Architect flow functionality.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources