PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dynamic Remote Client connection

Posted 09-19-2019 17:35
    ​I have one user who cannot receive inbound calls or place outbound calls using his cell phone and the Remote Number login option.
    He has the security right for User Defined Telephone number on Remote Logon, as it is a default user setup in our system.
    When an inbound call is coming in, the system tries to select him as a valid recipient, but his phone does not ring at all.
    It's like the Desktop application cannot connect to that number.
    Anyone have any ideas on where I should start looking?
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kellie Stancliff
    AllianceBernstein

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Remote Client connection

Posted 09-19-2019 17:49
    When the user tries to pick up the call, do they get an error (red exclamation point) next to the call in My Interactions?  Sometimes this will have a SIP reason code for the call failing. Also, have you tried simulating a call to the user's cell phone in the dial plan (remote number dials +1 then the number) using the appropriate line.

Another issue we have run into more recently with cell phones and remote numbers is spam blocking software on cell phones.  Since we use the same outbound ANI for all of our remote station calls, some applications have flagged us as potential spam.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources