PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ICBM Alerts & Screen Recording

Posted 12-15-2020 11:07
    Hello - 

Quick questions. 

1. Can someone please point me to documentation that describes all the different alerts available in ICBM and what each alert is capable of?  I tried the doc listed below and it does not give alert descriptions or how the alerts operates and monitors.

2. The "Recording" alert, is this for both screen and voice recordings or only voice?

3. We are looking for a way to monitor screen recordings and make sure they are being done at the contact center agent's PC and transferred to ICBM for QA purposes.  Any suggestions on a way to make sure all agents screens are being recorded and working prperly?

Interaction Supervisor Help - Manage Alerts

Thank You,
    Nelson Torres
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    [Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

• 2.  RE: ICBM Alerts & Screen Recording

Posted 12-15-2020 21:49
    So as far as documentation on alerts not sure what lives out there for me its just been years of use I finally know what I want.

The recording alert is for audio as the Server handles audio recording.

It does not handle screen recording.  The server tells the client to record the screen it is not fully aware of what's going on there.

How to monitor for that tricky but maybe some client side add -in to check that it got signaled to and reports back some how??

That is my best idea right now

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: ICBM Alerts & Screen Recording

Posted 12-16-2020 08:56
    Ryan Hedlund,

Thank you for the knowledge.

[Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

• 4.  RE: ICBM Alerts & Screen Recording

Posted 12-17-2020 10:16
    • recording alert functionality is mainly for voice, and my experience is for AD-hoc recordings, launched by the agent him/her self.
    • if we initiate recordings based on the recording policies, we can trigger recordings based on a sets of rules, if they apply etc..
      most of the times, we need to offer a opt-in/opt-out, OR tell that we are recording for a purpose etc,
      this all is done via the IVR / Interaction Attendant,.
    • Screen recordings, for CIC, are triggered by the recorder policies, and i would advise to trigger that on Agent level, or on Workgroup level.. The screen recorder application needs to be installed on the agents machine, and could be installed / run silent, without notice. (take care of the agents rights here too).
    • the screen recorder is capable to record everthing on the screen, and multiples if they apply,. and is not bound to the interaction Desktop, or the interaction Connect weblcient.

the recorder topic has its own landing page : 

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/desktop/interaction_recorder_landing.htm

Vincent Heijmans
    BMW Group Munich

• 5.  RE: ICBM Alerts & Screen Recording

Posted 12-17-2020 11:11

Thank you Vincent for the knowledge.

Nelson Torres

[Nelson] [Torres]
    [Carilion Clinic]

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources