PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IVR Pay-By-Phone - Checking Acct vs Credit Card

Posted 03-02-2020 08:28
    Hi - I'm looking to get feedback from PureConnect CaaS or Prem clients who have pay-by-phone built into their IVR apps.  Does your IVR app allow for payment by checking account, and if so, is it being used effectively?  Or do you find that customers would much rather prefer using their credit card?

Thanks in advance!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: IVR Pay-By-Phone - Checking Acct vs Credit Card

Posted 03-02-2020 08:58
    Hi Barry,

I am not sure what our Customers would rather do, but our company has made it a policy to only take payments via Checking Or savings Account. For Quicker payments we do allow them to save the Checking/Savings Account in our system that way if they call again to make another payment, they can use that account without having to enter the information. 

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: IVR Pay-By-Phone - Checking Acct vs Credit Card

Posted 03-02-2020 10:40
    And how is the utilization of the the feature?  Is it on-par with business expectations?  How has customer feedback been regarding the feature?  I would also be curious as to how long it takes the customer to use the IVR feature, as opposed to speaking with a representative?

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 4.  RE: IVR Pay-By-Phone - Checking Acct vs Credit Card

Posted 03-06-2020 09:05
    We have not had a lot of negative Feedback from customers, though we do get a few calls that state they wish they could pay with Credit Cards.

Wither it is quicker or longer for the customer i believe would unique to the environment.  In our environment our business metric's is grade on ASA, it is better for us to have customers make payments within the IVR. When we did the research we found that the total call time for payments made in the IVR was 3 to 4 mins, while taken by agents was 5 to 6 mins. The difference could be due to hold times in queue while they are waiting for the agent and the payment system we have, but either way preventing a call that ties up our agent for 5 to 6 mins was something our business wanted.

I am looking to improve the IVR payment time by adding proactive steps, such as if they have a payment due within 10 days to ask if they are calling to make a payment. This should then drop the IVR payment time to around 2 mins as this would drop them right into our Payment menu and prevent them from hitting all our menu option audio.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources