PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View

Salesforce Connector - Genesys web-based phone issue

• 1.  Salesforce Connector - Genesys web-based phone issue

Posted 04-12-2021 17:06
    We currently have Genesys WebRTC (web-based) phones working with our on-premise PureConnect instance. We have recently integrated our on-premise PureConnect instance with Salesforce and everything is working fine except when we choose the web-based phone when logging into the PureConnect for Salesforce integration per the documentation: https://clicktime.symantec.com/3Qs3s47t3ceXTGtG3336qJp7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.genesys.com%2Fpureconnect%2Fmergedprojects%2Fwh_sfcic%2Fdesktop%2Flog_in_with_a_web_based_phone.htm

In one situation, when making/receiving a call using the web-based phone within Salesforce, the call plays an automated message from Genesys and disconnects. In other situations, the user cannot get past the choose station screen when using the web-based phone. It is important to note:

1) The only way around this issue is to open Interaction Connect Web, select the web-based phone there, and once logged in, the Salesforce connector works fine within Salesforce when the user selects the web-based phone. Inbound and outbound calls process normally.
    2) This issue does not exist at all when using a Remote Number within the PureConnect for Salesforce integration. You do not have to do anything special in this situation.

My question is why is it necessary to run Interaction Connect Web in parallel with Salesforce when using a the web-based phone station type within the PureConnect for Salesforce integration? I've opened a Support Case to see if they can help shed any light, but figured I'd pose the question to the community to see if anyone else has experienced and even possibly solved the problem.

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Brian Jones
    Ascension Health – IS, Inc.
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources