PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-06-2019 15:32
    For some reason all of a sudden today when I try to create a schedule I get a message telling me that I have x agents not filling any need and when I look at the schedule the forecast is showing 0.00 for everything yet the forecast has data in it.  I checked to make sure that all of the workgroups are selected and they are.  Any thoughts on this one?
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency Inc.

• 2.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-07-2019 09:07
    One thing I'm noticing is that all of the agents have Interaction Types of <None>, though I'm not 100% sure if that is different than before this started happening.  I'm also not seeing any way of changing the value to call.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Company

• 3.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-07-2019 09:37
    Have you guys recently removed skills from most of your agents? We recently had this same issue and it turned out that it was due to us removing 2 skills from about 60 agents, and those 60 agents weren't able to suddenly fill a need

Another thing i have seen is if your session managers have been rebooted, that can sometimes cause an issue. Did you recently reboot your session managers?

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 4.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-07-2019 09:43
    Edited by Derek Rouleau 11-07-2019 09:45
    We don't use skills, so none have been added or removed. Session manager has been up for the same amount of time as everything else.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Company

• 5.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 10:26
    This sounds incredibly close to a known Optimizer issue.  It even happens in my Dev environment from time to time.  The only fix/workaround for this that I have been able to find is to:

• Go into Administrator and remove an "Optimizer Schedulable License" from an agent.
    • Wait 20 minutes
      • Some tests have shown this could be reduced to 10 minutes, but that isn't always reliable.
    • Re-add the "Optimizer Schedulable License" to the agent.
    • Wait 20 minutes
      • Same caveat here with 10 minutes of waiting.
    • Recreate the Forecast
    • Delete and Recreate the Schedule in question
    Sometimes this has worked without recreating the forecast the schedule was using.  But I can't really find any rhyme or reason as to why it works with waiting 20 minutes versus 10, or recreating/not recreating the forecast.  Best bet is to wait the full 20 minutes in the steps above, and recreate the forecast, then schedule.

Extremely odd, I know.  But I'd suggest giving this a shot and see if it fixes your issue.

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 6.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-07-2019 10:30
    I'll give it a shot and see what happens.  At this point I'm waiting for tonight so I can restart session manager so I have time.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Company

• 7.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 10:36
    I've never had to restart Session Manager for this particular issue.  And really, the steps above could be done inside of business hours, if necessary.  But having said that, if you're restarting SM, best to wait til tonight for sure!

My fingers will be crossed for you, my friend! :-) 

Let us know how it goes!
    Trent.

• 8.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-07-2019 10:40
    Waiting for the 20 min at the moment, removed the license from the one user.  I figure I'll just wait till around 11 AM EST to put it back and then at 11:30 I'll recreate the forecast and schedule.

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Company

• 9.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

Posted 11-07-2019 11:34
    That is possibly one of the stupidest fixes to date... thanks though as it's now working!

Derek Rouleau
    The Thomas Agency Inc.com

• 10.  RE: All agents not filling any need all of a sudden

GENESYS
    Posted 11-07-2019 12:08
    haha. Tell me about it!  Glad to hear it is working!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources