Genesys Cloud CX

 View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callbacks not being created

    Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-19-2022 19:24
    Hi everyone,

    We are finding about 5% of callbacks aren't being created. Call definitely goes through the Create Callback Action in a common module, and works fine the other 95% of the time, confirmed the ANI and Queue seem valid. The audio telling the customer the callback is created happens after the Callback Action not before, and is a good 25 seconds long and examples of this include customer's listening to the full prompt. Yet there is no callback is actually created, its not in the Conversation Detail API, and not in the timeline. There is no pattern I can see for those 5%, the queue/skills are the same as for working examples, and they all use the same common module and same in Q flow.

    I thought about running a DataAction for /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId} using $.participants[*].callbacks[*].state to get the callback state right after running it. But there seems to be a bit of a delay, as for successfully created callbacks this is coming through as the default/empty value, and running the same DataAction a few minutes later then shows the callback states, which is too late when I need to identify that 5% right after creating the DataAction to determine if we should keep the customer in Queue, or play the announcement telling them a callback is created and disconnect.

    Does anyone have a good, reliable way to confirm the callback is created right after the Create Callback Action is run, and has anyone come across this issue before, or have any suggestions on where to look next. We do have a ticket open with our Genesys partner already.

    Anton Vroon

  • 2.  RE: Callbacks not being created

    Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-29-2022 22:11
    So with the help of Genesys Care we tracked this down.

    So just for anyone else who comes across a similar issue.

    With Callbacks, there is a character limit of the data used in the Agent Script attached.
    If any of the Agent script input values are more than 100 characters the Callback just won't get created.

    In our case we included the customer utterance from an initial bot on why they were calling to give agent's more context, some few customers had very long initial responses, which was causing callbacks to fail.

    So if you have callbacks, make sure none of the agent script input values are ever more than 100 characters long.

    Anton Vroon