Communities / Discussions
Library / Resources
Gamification (Badges, Ribbons, and Achievements/Points)
Q: How can I get more replies to my post?
A: If you make a post that does not get a reply, please don’t be disheartened! In an active forum it’s easy to overlook great content and there is no guarantee that you will get a reply. That being said, here is some advice that will greatly improve your chances:
- Tag your post with relevant keywords. This will help to navigate likeminded users to your content.
- Make connections in the community. Friends help friends out. The more time that you spend in discussions and building relationships with others, the more likely you are to receive a helping hand and know who a great resource for your questions might be.
- Reference your discussion. If you find a related question or an expert in your topic’s field, feel free to share a link to your discussion and ask for the individual or group's feedback. Just keep the request polite and try not to monopolize too much of an expert’s time.
Q: If my post does not get a reply, what are some recommended next steps?
A: Did you know that most questions asked of companies’ support and care teams can be answered in existing documentation? Genesys has made efforts to make your quest for knowledge as simple as possible. Have you tried searching the Community for related posts or the Genesys Knowledge Network (https://know.genesys.com)? If that fails:
- Refer to your contract, you may have some support or training options that you can take advantage of.
- Go to your product's Resource Center or documentation site.
- Speak with your designated Account Rep with Genesys to see what they recommend.
Q: When should I start a discussion vs posting in the library?
are exactly that. Feel free to direct any questions, ideas, or thoughts you may have on these boards and start a conversation. The Library
is for artifacts. Anytime an attachment is added to a discussion, it is automatically populated in the Library. Likewise, if you have an attachment that you think would be useful to others, feel free to upload it directly to the library with some information.
BEST PRACTICE: Please, DO NOT post an item in both the Library and Discussion. The comments are not linked, so valuable time and energy could be used replying to both posts instead of one. If the moderator notices you are doing this, we will delete one or both posts and notify the user.
Q: What should I do if I find or receive inappropriate content?
A: In either instance, please alert a Moderator or Community Admin immediately by emailing GenesysCommunity@genesys.com
. Our moderators do our best to block and remove inappropriate or irrelevant posts, but please let us know if we missed something. If a user contacts you in an inappropriate manner, a community admin will contact them and their account can be deactivated.
Q: What is my username/password?
A: Your login credentials are the same username and password that you use to log in to the Genesys My Support portal. If you have forgotten your login credentials or need assistance with your login information, please email email@example.com
Q: How do I update my profile?
A: To access your profile, select the profile icon (either a purple avatar or picture of you) in the upper right hand corner and click “Profile.” On your profile page, please select the pencil icon next to "Contact Details" in the left column.
Q: How do I control what information is visible in my profile?
A: Please navigate to your profile page, then select the "My Account" tab and choose "Privacy Settings" from the drop-down menu. This will let you control what information is visible to whom. After you’ve made changes, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page. Note that if you select "Only Me," your information will still be visible so that you can ensure it stays accurate for Genesys' records.
Q: Is there a phone app for the community?
A: There is no dedicated phone app for the community. You can view the community through your phones browser. If you would like to see a phone app for the community, please email GenesysCommunity@genesys.com, to let them know.
Q: What translation options are there?
A: The best available translation option currently is Google Translate. To add Google Translate to your browser, visit https://translate.google.com/manager/website/
(select the "Add to your website now" button). Once you do that, it should walk you through a wizard to establish your settings. If you have any issues, you can visit the Google Translate Help
Q: Is tagging available? How does it work?
A: Content tags are a helpful way to organize and categorize content on the community site. Tags can be applied to discussion posts, blogs, library entries, events, and more. Tagged items are prioritized in the search results.
Here is a snapshot:
- When typing your content, enter the “#” symbol and begin to write your tag. A list of tags will appear. Select the tag you would like to use for the post, library entry description, etc. You can also create a new tag but we suggest using the existing tags when possible.
- This feature enables users to directly address another user in a thread. To use this feature, in the body of your response or post, type the “@” symbol and begin to type the user name. Select the correct user from the list. When your content is posted, the user will be notified.
Q: How do the different communities on the Genesys community site work?
A: We have three sub-communities on the main community site, one for each of the three Genesys products. Each product community enables you to participate in discussions and share resources with other users of that product.
Q: How do I join/subscribe to a community and the affiliated discussion group?
A: Click the community product name you're interested in from the main navigation. Once you are on that page, click "Join," then choose a delivery option for email notifications of discussion posts (Real Time, Daily Digest, or No Email).
Q: How can I control the frequency and format of emails I receive?
A: Navigate to your profile and then click the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. On that page, there are three subscription options: Real Time, Daily Digest, and No Email.
For each discussion, you have the following delivery options:
- Real Time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily Digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day.
- No Email: enables you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
Please note that discussion email setting changes will need to be made in Community Notifications and all other settings will be made in Email Preferences, also located under "My Account."
Q: How do I respond to others’ posts?
A: To respond to a discussion post, navigate to the discussion post you want to reply to and click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire community. To send a message to the only author of the post, select “Reply to Sender” (located in the "Reply to Discussion" drop-down). We recommend replying to the sender for simple comments like “me too!” or "thanks!" that don't add value to the overall discussion and replying to the entire community when you are sharing knowledge, experiences, or resources that others could benefit from.
Q: How do I start a new discussion thread?
A: To start a new discussion, you must first join the Community the discussion will be hosted in. Once you have done that, navigate to the Discussion board of the community by selecting “Discussion” on your community homepage. Select the “Post New Message” button located above the list of current discussions. Enter your content (including adding any attachments) and when complete, click “Send.” This will post your question or statement to the discussion board.
Q: Can I search for posts across all the communities?
A: Yes, enter a keyword in the search field located in the main navigation. To refine your search results, use the faceted search options to the left of the search results.
Q: How do I see a listing of all of the posts to a specific group?
A: Locate the community you are interested in viewing from the main navigation. Click through the community's landing page, then click the “Discussions” tab. If you see a post you’re interested in, click the subject line which will take you to the entire thread. “Show Original Message” at the bottom of all of the posts in a thread will display the original message that started that discussion.
Q: How do I mark a response as "Best Answer"?
A: In order to mark a response, "Best Answer," you must have started the discussion thread that contains the post. Navigate to the post and next to the Reply to Discussion post click the "arrow icon." Select "Mark Best Answer." If you did not start the thread, you are able to click the "Like" button to show your support for the response. This button functions just like the like or thumbs up button on social media platforms.
Q: How do I find resources that may have been uploaded by other users?
A: If you know which library the resource might be located in, find the affiliated community in the main navigation. Click through the community's landing page, then click on the “Library” tab . If you do not know where the resource might be, enter search terms in the main search box the same way you might enter search terms into Google or another search engine and then use the faceted search on the left.
Q: How do the libraries get populated?
A: The libraries are populated in two ways:
1. When you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the affiliated library.
2. You can also upload documents directly to a library by using the "Create New Library Entry" button on any community's library page. Library resources are not required to be associated with a discussion thread.
Q: How do I upload a file?
A: Select "Create New Library Entry" on any community landing page. Note that uploading a document is accomplished by completing a few steps, and each step must be completed before you can move on to the next:
- Specify a title for your document, and include a description (optional). Select the library to which you would like to upload, and select a folder to which you’d like to upload (optional). Then, choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files, but take care in not uploading copyright licensed material). Once you have completed these steps, click “Next.”
- Upload your file.
- Select “Next” if you want to further describe your files and/or add tags to your file. Otherwise, click “Finish” to post your library entry.
Q: What kind of files can I upload?
A: The system supports dozens of file types including hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinars, images, and YouTube videos. If there's a file you'd like to upload and the system does not accept it, please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What do Achievements and Points mean?
A: The Community Council is actively developing its gamification and reward/recognition program. Achievements are currently turned off. Points are subject to change as we finalize what this program will look like.
Q: Where can I see available Achievements (Badges/Ribbons)?
A: Our Achievers Lounge is currently under construction. There you can view our entire collection of Badges/Ribbons, including those that are currently achievable, some that have been retired, and what will be coming soon. See a retired badge that you wish you could achieve or do you have an idea for a badge? Let the site administrators know by emailing: GenesysCommunity@genesys.com
Q: Where can I see what Badges/Ribbons and Achievements that I or other users have?
A: Badges and Ribbons are viewable on every user's profile. You can view a user's Ribbons collection directly below their contact details. To view their Badges, select “My Contributions” and then “Achievements” from the dropdown. On your personal profile, you will see available badges and acheived badges. Note: badges that are currently available, but not achieved will be slightly grayed/faded out.
Q: Are my achievements in the community tied to my GCAP account?
A: Currently the GCAP program and your achievements in the Community are exclusive of each other and the points are not transferrable, however, there may be some Challenges in GCAP that can be achieved through community activity. Check the GCAP Hub to learn more.