Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Problem creating routing point corporate favorite for DN on Skype for Business Tserver switch

Posted 10-25-2018 09:52
    WDE simply won't display the corporate favorite when the DN is on Skype4Business_Switch. This appears to be an issue with the DN itself (sip:TS.Unix.RP@sas.com for example) and the fact that it contains @sas.com.   I've tested with a DN on a regular SIP switch and this displayed as expected in WDE.   I've tried formatting the id value for the favorite several different ways without success.   The DN has an alias associated with it (TS Unix) and that didn't work either. Here are all of the formats I've tried:

sip:TS.Unix.RP@sas.com@Skype4Business_Switch
    'sip:TS.Unix.RP@sas.com'@Skype4Business_Switch
    'sip:TS.Unix.RP@sas.com@Skype4Business_Switch'
    <sip:TS.Unix.RP@sas.com>@Skype4Business_Switch
    'TS Unix'@Skype4Business_Switch
    TS Unix@Skype4Business_Switch

Has anyone encountered this and if so, how should this be formatted or what workaround can I use to create a favorite for this RP?  ​​

Thanks for any guidance.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

• 2.  RE: Problem creating routing point corporate favorite for DN on Skype for Business Tserver switch

Posted 10-26-2018 04:40
    Hello,

I suppose the problem is related to the "underscore" char which is used in your SIP address format. As I know, WDE has a limitation/bug, where favorites containing underscore are not displayed/showed.

Regards,
    --Jakub--

Jakub Němec
    Dimension Data Czech Republic s.r.o.

• 3.  RE: Problem creating routing point corporate favorite for DN on Skype for Business Tserver switch

Posted 11-08-2018 09:03
    Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response... If the underscore in the switch name is the issue I'll have to rename the switch which sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Is it possible to do this without corrupting all of the DNs on that switch?  

Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

• 4.  RE: Problem creating routing point corporate favorite for DN on Skype for Business Tserver switch

Posted 11-08-2018 09:56
    You can very easily rename the switch.  The one caveat to that is that you will have to restart anything that references that switch, and since there's so much that does, I recommend that you restart everything.  Before doing that, however, I would suggest you contact Genesys Care and find out if there's another type of workaround.  It seems to me that a display glitch due to the parsing of a string is functionality that should be repaired and would be vastly less inconvenient than restarting the whole PureEngage stack after renaming an object.

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: Problem creating routing point corporate favorite for DN on Skype for Business Tserver switch

Posted 11-09-2018 09:18
    I entered a ticket with GCC as suggested and they've reproduced the issue in their lab and have escalated to Engineering.  Thanks for the advice.

Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources