Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GMS callback - Cassandra

Posted 08-28-2018 12:59
    ​We are planning to implement GMS Callback on a completely Windows based Genesys implementation. GMS 8.5.2 Deployment documentation indicates Cassandra must be running on Linux not windows host???   Does anyone using Embedded Cassandra in GMS on Windows host?  What's is the limitation/support issue here?    Thanks for feedback in advance.

Warning

GMS does not support embedded Cassandra on a Windows host or for production usage. If you

are installing GMS on a production server or on a Windows host, select an external Cassandra

instance (which should be installed on a Linux host).

------------------------------
    Senih Demren
    Insurance Corporation of British Columbia

• 2.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

Posted 08-28-2018 22:40
    Hi,

We have GMS version 8.5.106.14 in production on windows, using external cassandra . All cassandra nodes installed on windows.
    It's working fine without any issues.  :) 

"

If you

are installing GMS on a production server or on a Windows host, select an external Cassandra

instance".

[Ankush] [Khare]

• 3.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

Posted 08-29-2018 15:26
    ​Thank you for sharing your experience, I agree to have an external Cassandra installation but the following statement is clearly indicates Linux... its confusing...

"select an external Cassandra instance (which should be installed on a Linux host)."

Senih Demren

• 4.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

GENESYS
    Posted 08-30-2018 09:54
    I think the only reason that the docs refer to Cassandra on Linux is that Apache Cassandra is only "officially" supported on Linux.  A 3rd party, Datastax, has created a Windows port of Cassandra but Genesys does no QA testing against that version, and therefore we do not officially support the Windows version of Cassandra.

Jim Crespino
    Director, Developer Enablement
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

Posted 08-30-2018 12:33
    ​Hi Jim,

Thanks for the clarification. So I am in a position of either get Linux hosts in our Windows shop just for Cassandra or use Windows version without full support from Genesys..  Both are not desirable...

Is there any plan in Genesys road map to support Cassandra on Windows in near future? Meanwhile, out of the box GMS has built in Cassandra running on Windows but not recommenced to use in production environment based on lack of support...  Is that mean its supported in non-production environment?  Do you recommend to open a ticket to get official support commitment before our implementation on either platform?  

Regards,
    SD

Senih Demren

• 6.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

GENESYS
    Posted 08-31-2018 11:56
    It is my understanding that the built-in Cassandra is there to be able to perform some basic testing or demonstration of the system, but should not be used for production.

Since I can't give you any kind of "official" statement, I would suggest to open a ticket with Customer Care and get their stance on it.

Jim Crespino
    Director, Developer Enablement
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 7.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

Posted 08-31-2018 13:14
    ​Thanks Jim. I will follow up thru Genesys support ticket.

Senih Demren

• 8.  RE: GMS callback - Cassandra

Posted 10-11-2018 04:42
    I would recommend that you follow the Genesys Recommendation and go with Apache Cassandra on Linux.

Sivakumar Natarajamoorthy,
    Genesys Certified Professional.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources