Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Phone Trunk Not Connected - Pinging Edge

Posted 10-07-2018 09:54
    Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue that first time I face with the edges regarding WebRTC phone trunk as shown below.

Also, I was trying to Ping to LAN2 IP address as well as LAN1 IP, but the response is timeout.

Please note, I already checked the boxes "Respond to ping requests" in both interfaces. Also, I do not think I have a problem in the network since I used the static IP for LAN2 with my own laptop, and I was able to ping and being ping-able; as well as for LAN1.

Please, any advice, comments, or ideas that can really be helpful.

Best Regards,

------------------------------
    Ali Aljohani
    Jathwa Technology Solutions

• 2.  RE: Phone Trunk Not Connected - Pinging Edge

Posted 10-07-2018 11:21
    I had this issue before and in my case the LAN cable wasn't connected to Lan1 port of Edge. The moment I connected, it started working.

So on your edge there are two ports

LAN 1 - supposed to be connected to internal switch/network where agents and their soft phones are supposed to be connecting 
    LAN 2 ( WAN Port) - supposed to be connected to be purecloud website and should have Internet access. So this should be connected to switch/router which has Internet and connectivity to outside world.

Please check physically if your cables are connected to both of the LAN port.

Not sure if this may be the only cause to your problem but worth trying.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies -

• 3.  RE: Phone Trunk Not Connected - Pinging Edge

Posted 10-14-2018 09:31
    Thank you, Sajid.

Best Regards,

Ali Aljohani

• 4.  RE: Phone Trunk Not Connected - Pinging Edge

Posted 10-08-2018 04:29

Rather than using a ping, use the tracert command, as it will show you where the response fails and will give you the device that likely will filter the ping requests

(tracert uses ping to find each device in the route)

RR

Ruud Reinold
    Telecommunications Services ManagerCapquest Group Ltd
    Office and fax: 03339998111 Mobile: 07702883881
    Email: rreinold@capquest.co.uk
    Templer, Templer AvenueFarnboroughGU14 6FE.

Capquest is part of Arrow Global Group Plc. For more information visit www.arrowglobal.net
    This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately and permanently delete it. E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Capquest Group Limited or any of its subsidiaries unless otherwise stated. Capquest Group Limited is registered in England and Wales. Number 4936030. Registered office Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW. Capquest Debt Recovery Limited and Capquest Mortgage Services Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for accounts formed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006). Capquest Debt Recovery is a member of the Credit Services Association. Capquest Group Limited and its subsidiaries are part of Arrow Global Group Plc (registered number 08649661). This communication is from the company named in the sender's details above.

• 5.  RE: Phone Trunk Not Connected - Pinging Edge

Posted 10-14-2018 09:31
    Thank you, Ruud.

Best Regards,

Ali Aljohani

• 6.  RE: Phone Trunk Not Connected - Pinging Edge

Posted 10-14-2018 12:20
    @Ali Aljohani

Did you get it resolved?​

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies -

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources