Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

You Are No Longer Connected Message

• 1.  You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-24-2018 10:04
    We have noticed in the last week that if we have more than one tab of PureCloud opened you will eventually get a message pop up that says "You are no longer connected". Has anyone else seen this? It only started this week. As I always have at least two tabs opened when working in Architect (it always opens a new window), and when monitoring views. We have many folks noticing this happening now. 

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 2.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-24-2018 10:13
    Yes, I have noticed this as well.  I was working on some new scripts but had a second tab open so I could keep an eye on outbound dialing progress.  I received this message several times.

Amanda Gebhardt-Keeton
    Baker College

• 3.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2018 10:29
    Connecting to PureCloud using multiple tabs for the user interface (i.e., logging in multiple times) is not supported. 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/why-do-i-have-problems-when-i-am-have-in-to-my-purecloud-account-multiple-times-simultaneously/

The end of that article says, "Developers are working to add a notification when this situation occurs. In the future, they plan to remove the resource constraint so that the notification channels are no longer limited in this way."

So, it looks like they have completed the work for adding the notification, which is why you see the pops that you didn't see before.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-24-2018 10:32
    Hi George,

Thank you for the explanation.  Is there a reason why this is occurring when there is only one tab open?  I just received this notification again, and only have one instance of PureCloud running.

Thanks,
    Amanda

image.png
    Amanda Keeton
    Contact Center Manager
    Baker College Contact Center

• 5.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-24-2018 11:02
    @George Ganahl I have noticed that when I click on Architect to open it, the default is that it opens a second tab. If this is the new process, can they adjust that? ​I have also noticed that the Architect link, once you click into the routing section and have the links displayed on the left side of the screen, errors out and does not work. I will open a case for this.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 6.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2018 11:38
    I was trying to be careful not to implicate Architect, since the FAQ is specifically talking about the main User Interface (whether Desktop app plus a browser instance, or two browser instances, or whatever combination). Architect is its own session, so is not part of that FAQ article.

I have not run into the behavior you describe, Angie, so I don't have ideas (other than doing some network analysis with Wireshark or similar) to see if there is a lot of latency or packet loss communicating with the cloud.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2018 13:23
    Not to get too complicated, when you log into PureCloud via Desktop App or in a web browser you establish 1, 2, or 3 connections to PureCloud for that OAuth Client ID (number depends on roles and some other stuff). If you open another tab and connect again with the same user, that could open more connections for that particular OAuth Client ID. You are allowed a max of 5 connections per OAuth Client ID. You get that pop when the limit is exceeded, and PureCloud automatically drops the excess connections (previous tabs that were open when you connect on a new tab).

Running Architect in a second tab does not affect the connection count for the user interface tab because it runs with a different OAuth Client ID (even though it is the same PureCloud user account).

In the past, the connections just failed silently and you would have problems picking up calls or going unresponsive on ACD queues or whatever.

An easy way to trigger the pop is to log in using the desktop app, then using Chrome, then using Edge...or some combo like that.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-24-2018 14:19
    Thank you for that George. We are actually not seeing it in that manner. I am logged in with PureCloud, via the Browser, then I click on Architect and it opens it in a separate tab, I am working in Architect, then flip back to the Collaborate tab and that pop up is there. When I go back over to Architect I have been logged out. The cases are still open with support, though they are also telling me that I can't be logged in with many tabs. I, of course, am still pressing the issue because it does not seem like it should behave this way. I do appreciate your overview on this, it makes sense, and I do agree with the agents not having many tabs open for phone confusion issues. I will let my client know that it is expected behavior for multiple collaborate tabs. I do not think that this customer had the app, and browser open at the same time. I will follow up on that with them though. The fact that the pop up was not there before, but the behavior may have been, does clear up some behaviors I noticed in the past. 

Thanks again, @George Ganahl 
    Angie​

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 9.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2018 14:31
    Angie,

The developer I worked with said, "If you get a userid and a timeframe, we can verify through telemetry which clients they were logged into and how many."

So, UserID is the GUID for your user login. Easiest way I know to find that (other than the Console log) is in the PerformanceAgents view, click on your user account, and copy the GUID after \agents\
    Get the user id
    Push Care to escalate the case, or at least to go get the info from Development, based on what time you saw the popup when working in Architect, feeding them your User ID. They should be able to come back and tell how many active connections that user had at the time.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-29-2018 17:53
    Silly question: Is anything being done to allow administrators to again do what they could do with two open tabs in 30 seconds rather than spending two and three times that clicking on different links to move between pages post pop-up? Washington, D.C. is faster to navigate that PureCloud's admin interface. Just sayin'.

Architect: Will occasionally cause pop-up.

Different areas (Groups, User config): Will occasionally nest a complete page (with the left navigation bar) within another frame and trigger the pop-up with no outside intervention.

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 11.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-30-2018 08:11
    @Darryn Chang Here is something I posted a few days back with some notes from George. ​

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 12.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2018 12:45
    @Patrick Rada can you post a use case/scenario regarding how you like to use multiple tabs open at the same time? That will be helpful to our developers as they talk about how to make this better.

Thanks!​

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 11-02-2018 17:34
    I also like to have multiple tabs open when working in PureCloud.
    Some use cases: 
    • Monitoring queues in one tab, assigning agents to queues in another
    • Researching interactions - one tab on queues activity, another on interactions
    • Comparing two users set up
    • Comparing results from a report (one tab) to the view as displayed (2nd tab) - we have a LOT of discrepancies here too
    • Users:  PureCloud WFM tab for schedule, PureCloud tab for queue monitoring, SFDC tab

I actually view not having the ability to have multiple tabs as a set BACK rather than an improvement.  Anyone know why PureCloud made this change?

Brenda
    Implementing PureCloud, eMite, and VOCI

• 14.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 11-05-2018 10:08
    Edited by Brian Dupuis 11-05-2018 10:08
    Not supporting multiple tabs is not a change in functionality, it's never been a supported configuration. We added the notification because previously the channel would be silently closed and often leave an open instance of the application in a state where it wasn't receiving notification of real-time events. These manifested as agents not receiving calls and other negative experiences, so rather than silently leaving the application in a poor state we elected to actively notify of these situations. 

I'll note that we are revisiting the dialog itself and there are additional changes in the pipeline such that the channel limitation will be eased significantly such that this situation should be considerably rarer... to the point that any future possibility is almost certainly negated aside from the most extreme use-cases (e.g. like 10 open tabs or similar).

Brian Dupuis
    Genesys - Employees - Sr. Director, PureCloud UI

• 15.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 11-06-2018 11:44
    I appreciate your response. PureCloud is often impossible to functionally administer without having multiple windows open. As an administrator I rarely use the telephonic functionality within PureCloud. I spend my day trying to monitor the system and configure it. My use of the system is now severely degraded by the incessant and unneeded popups warning me about things that I, frankly, know and don't care about in my use case.

Phone agents are told to never run more than one window, or use the app. For them a warning makes sense. Unnecessarily impaling administrative workflow, however, with either unending popups or forcing us to slog our way through countless page reloads and missing monitoring opportunities, is upsetting to say the least. As administrators, we, presumably, understand that there are going to be some session-related issues based on some introductory reading of the RC and accept that behavior. If we need to test something "in real life," administrators will "clear the decks" of unneeded sessions and "play" like an agent.

Possible uses for multiple pages (page configurations divided by "|"):
    • Monitoring system activities (queues/campaigns/whatever) | Configuring objects (routine MAC or adjusting in response to monitoring)
    • Researching interactions: Interactions | Reports, Interactions | Queue Activities or Performance, Interactions | Agents, Timeline | Timeline
    • Configuring Users: People (reloading it multiple times because you can't edit/save more than one tab at a time!) | Groups, People | Phones, People | Queues
    • Configuration (copying configuration new or updating): People | People, Groups | Groups, Queues | Queues, etc.
    • Of course: Being mid-configuration on one tab when presented with a user "walking-up" with an issue that you need to research without dislodging your configuration work.
    I could go on, and on...

As an aside: How there isn't a copy user functionality, is beyond my ken.

This latest update was definitely a step backward in PureCloud administrative design.

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 16.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 11-06-2018 15:30
    Thank you for this perspective, it's truly helpful.

Again, in the near future the limit that's at the root of this message being shown will be modified in a few ways such that the result will be an effective increase in the number of tabs that could be used with no detriment. It's not infinite, but in practice should allow the workflow you're used to.

I will note that it's not just the telephony features that are made ineffective when the app is in the state that the dialog is now shown in. Other "realtime" events that would come across the closed channel -- like realtime analytics data -- would likely be impacted. So your multiple tab use-cases for monitoring queues and etc. would likely have stopped receiving updates. This is not a change again, the only change is that we alert you to this channel closing rather than keeping silent about it.

Brian Dupuis
    Genesys - Employees - Sr. Director, PureCloud UI

• 17.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 11-06-2018 17:10
    I could not agree more with Patrick Rada.  I have a total of 5 telephone systems I administer.  My 2 Purecloud organizatiions take over 90% of my time.  Luckily my other 3 systems are stable and do not require hourly maintenance, even though they are over 10 times the size.

Skip Portas
    Leidos Innovations Corporation

• 18.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 01-08-2019 17:34
    Edited by Patrick Rada 01-08-2019 17:37
    Any thought to eliminating this behavior until you revise the code to avoid reloading the entire page inside frames and having the code run over the connection limit?

zlUcawNdQWuXyYpl2VJj_2019-01-08_16h27_10.png

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 19.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-04-2019 03:00
    @George Ganahl its back again, and while I have taught myself along the way the do's and don'ts of a purecloud session. Lately we experience this message 3-4 times a day.
    Today i raised a ticket and have been asked to exit out of Architect, Mobile App and just use the UI. After doing the norm of a reboot making sure nothing was connected on my workstation the UI standalone all by itself decided to populate the message that I may have more than one session open while in the middle of reviewing the queues. Tap that reconnect button and it goes away then I look over my pod to another colleague who like me has only 1 session open and the message appeared for them also.

Its a bit like an itch that just won't go away (not even the docs can help)
    So while i sit back a read the links everyone has posted in here ill flick back to the case manager and hope he escalates the case to dev for investigation​

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 20.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

GENESYS
    Posted 10-04-2019 08:58
    It has been a multiple-times-daily occurrence for me all along. I've gotten to where I almost expect it every time I flip to that tab in my browser.

Please try and document which specific views it happens on most, and if it happens after a certain number of times visiting a specific view. That could help guide which views don't need to establish a new connection every time the page is opened. Add that info to your case to be passed to dev.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 21.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-04-2019 09:28

I have a case opened because customer is complaining that Dashboard is not providing accurate information

Analyzing logs it's found

oauthClientId: "496cceb2-2f90-4b6e-83b3-d7d97f5ef061"
    oauthClientOrgId: "purecloud-builtin"
    oauthClientName: "Directory Web Client (Unified App)"

15:47:26.096 /directory/#/analytics/dashboards/ce1977c2-a714-4f09-a519-fa1fa78c4ea4:1 Uncaught (in promise) {id: "02fab4f6-6952-42cd-951e-3508fbf86cd5", type: "error", error: {…}}

"message":"removing subscriptions because max channels exceeded for app xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx user 2da4de33-1b00-4dbd-8bb2-44f6f473cfc0 removing channel streaming-ao1emvj8rv13u66t00bq6ijosv",
    "logger_name":"com.inin.carrierpigeonconsumer.service.v3.SortedSetTopicSessionsService",

And support explained through same FAQ article: "Why do I have problems when I log in to PureCloud multiple times at the same time?"

So based on this, it's dashboard that having the same problem, although that message is not appearing. And considering that at this moment there is no special Dashboard user/license (I saw it's on roadmap) it's clear that there must be multiple tabs used, not only to have dashboard screen.
    I hope, as it was described by @Brian Dupuis one year ago, it will be soon enabled not to be limited by number of sessions.

Regards

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 22.  RE: You Are No Longer Connected Message

Posted 10-04-2019 12:20
    I concur.  This problem has never gone away.  PureCloud causes the error regardless of how many tabs you have open.

PureCloud most frequently nests the entire page within a frame most frequently when administering people and opening person details and when administering groups.  That is by far the most annoying UI defect.  Well, it is extra infuriating when you watch PureCloud nest the entire page in a frame and then immediately throw the lost connection error, adding insult to injury.

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources