Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PureCloud's Session Length

Posted 10-15-2018 10:42
    Does anyone know how long a PureCloud Session lasts? I am assuming that if they are using the Browser or the Desktop Application, it lasts as long as that Browser or Application is left open. I also know that if a user only uses the X at the top of the screens and does not log out of PureCloud and opens the application or a new tab on the browser again, the screen will keep them logged in. I am curious if there is a timeout on PureCloud. I don't think I have ever seen one.

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 2.  RE: PureCloud's Session Length

GENESYS
    Posted 10-15-2018 11:00
    Hi, Angie,

By "session", do you mean a particular HTTP session between the browser and PureCloud, or something representing how long a user is connected to PureCloud, or something else?

By the way - when a user clicks the "x" to close a browser session, that marks them as Offline (but it does not act as a Logout). When they browse back to apps.mypurecloud.com, they are automatically reconnected because of the cache data in the browser (so, if they used a different browser, or used Chrome in Incognito mode, or cleared the cache first, they would not be reconnected automatically).

The Desktop App just minimizes when you click the "x", so to exit you have to choose Quit from the menu. That said, the app goes right back to the previously logged-in user when run again.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: PureCloud's Session Length

Posted 10-15-2018 11:19
    In regards to why I am asking, this customer had massive issues with Permissions over the last month. When changes were made to each users profile for their permissions, we asked that they all log out and back in, or hit the reload/refresh button. Customer is worried that not all of their agents are actually logging out of PureCloud and may not have received the Permission update as needed. So, his question is asking how log the session that determines that a new permission was added to a user would remain open before they received the permission update. I have noticed that if they never log out, and never hit refresh, they are not getting the update.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: PureCloud's Session Length

GENESYS
    Posted 10-15-2018 13:07
    Most user permissions are checked via the Public API (even for desktop app and web interface), and the public API has a time limit of 60 seconds on that cache. So, most permissions will be "applied" automatically within 60 seconds.

There may be portions of the User Interface (UI) which don't check the public API every time they are accessed, and cache info locally. I couldn't begin to tell you for sure which pages or views those might be, and which ones would require a refresh of the page or logout/login to pick up the new permission settings. Those should be few and far between.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: PureCloud's Session Length

Posted 10-16-2018 10:05
    I'm curious to know the HTTP session length between the browser/application and PureCloud.

I think my real question is "when/how often does the PureCloud UI force the user to re-authenticate?"  because as an SSO customer we need to ensure that users who have been removed from Active Directory don't have access to PureCloud.

Jason Rogers
    Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources