Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Logical for check date and time in call flow ?

Posted 11-28-2018 04:36
    Hello,

We have to build a call flow with menu, in each DTMF choise we distribute the interaction to a specific queue, however each queue has different openning hours

I have think to put a logical action in the Architect before each "ACD Transfers" in order to check the openning hours and send the interaction to the queue or to closed message

I have put this expression in the logical action: DayOfWeek(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc()) > 1 and DayOfWeek(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc()) < 7

Means that will check from Monday to Firday, how I can add another control for the hours, (example from 9h00 AM to 17h00 AM) ?

Thank you in advance.

Mostafa

#PlatformAdministration
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Logical for check date and time in call flow ?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2018 13:42
    Edited by Melissa Bailey 12-03-2018 16:08
    Use the Hour function.
    Hour(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc()) >= 9 and Hour(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc()) < 17
    This will return true if the hour is greater than or equal to 9 and less than 17, so from 9:00 am to 4:59 pm.
    A very important note:  you need to know your timezone offset. GetCurrentDateTimeUtc returns the time in UTC.  You are very likely not in that timezone and need to account for your offset.  So 9:00 am in UTC is actually 12:00 if your offset is +5 for example.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/datetime-values-in-architect-flows-and-daylight-savings-time-dst-calculations/ has a good discussion of how to account for timezone offsets, as well as Daylight Savings Time.

------------------------------
    Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Logical for check date and time in call flow ?

Posted 12-05-2018 02:27
    Thank you Melissa, it is very explained now

Many thanks for your help

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources